They were going faster, the cracks appearing faster than she could keep up, and Reyna was flying back through the air.

Swooshing of air reached her ears, something in her telling her that there would be hands at the ready to catch her, words of a cheer blaring through her head, the familiar dance showing behind her eyelids as she remembered the way she would smile so brightly, hands clapping to a beat - her back hit the ground hard, the pain she was expecting absent, and it came back to her an embarrassing moment later.

She was on her feet once more, watching as the large black one, Sam, faced off against Jasper. Alice was on her back, hand dug into grey fur as she tried to keep him from snapping at her face, a low, yelping sound coming from her throat.

A blur of movement showed as Leah and Seth fought against their old pack, the girl darting through them with this vindictive speed and skill that Reyna found incredibly impressive. She watched as Edward over against a few wolves that lunged in his direction, blood staining his cheeks and hands, his shirt. It made her wondered why he was even out there when his child was inside, his wife - she didn't want to think of it too much.

Taking a step forward, She wasn't expecting to get shoved in the side, knocking her back down. She glared up, the world stuttering to a stop as she was faced with Embry, jittery as he shuffled in place. Reyna moved to get up again but he put a large paw up to her chest, gently pushing her back down. Growling, she pushed against him, holding his paw in her hands as she slowly stood - Embry shoved her back down with an annoyed huff.

"Stop it," she snapped. "Let me up."

He groaned, a warble sound as he tried to say something that she couldn't understand. His head moved from side to side, paw hitting the ground with this agitated huff as he conveyed his want for her to stay in place.

Reyna's glare softened, fingers brushing over his muzzle as she peeked between his legs, a sliver of fear running down her spine as she watched Emmett arrive, Carlisle and Esme close behind. Her motions stilled, hand twitching as her eyes narrowed, focusing, her other arm reached out, palm flat as she imagined the way it looked, a thin veil separating the vampires from the wolves and then it was there, a momentary shield that made them ricochet back from their attacks.

It gave away instantly, weakly shattering from her lack of contact in a way that sucked the air from her lungs. She lay back down then, breathing in the scent of wolf and pine and sea salt that clung to him, intoxicating as she felt his pulse race under her roaming fingers.

"I'm sorry, I really sorry, but you have to let me help them," Reyna said, touch whispering over him before she wedges her foot between them and kicked him back, moving away as her frozen heart twisted within her chest just as she rammed her shoulder into one of the wolves, soft brown in colour, kind eyes, it was hard for her to throw one of Embry's best friends, but she could only hear the swoosh of air that escaped Alice as she moved away, placing herself next to Jasper.

She didn't wait to see where he had landed, moving back a few steps to put her back against Emmett's, his shoulder's heaving as he stood gleefully smiling at Sam, his lips pulled back in a grin that bared perfect white teeth.

It was a nudge of his foot that had her rocketing forward, catching a tail as she went, yanking the boy back as he lunged toward an unaware Seth. He whimpered, one of his friends coming up to take his place.

"Enough!" Jacob's shout stilled her as she had her hands raised up before her. "If you kill her, you kill me."

Reyna looked back, hair whipping against her cheek as she placed her back to the pack. "What?"

"Jacob imprinted," Edward said, almost blankly. "They can't harm her. It's their most absolute law."

The air shifted, angry vengeance, determination shifting to a warry bitterness as they slowly began to retreat. Reyne didn't look at them, not even as a brown wolf poked her in the shoulder, an apologetic nudge as he turned and left, nor did she pay attention to the large grey wolf that plopped itself down at her side and covered his muzzle with his paws.