Light 'Em Up

"Let's light em up, light em up."

"Light em up

"Light em up. I'm on fire."
¤¤¤¤¤
♡♡♡

"Gamora. Do you know if these grenades are the blow-off-your-junk kind or the gas kind? Because I was thinking about hanging a couple on my belt right here. But I don't want to if they're the..." Quill asked the greenskinned alien.

"I need to ask a favor." She interrupted him.

"Yeah, sure." He moved towards her.

"One way or another, the path that we're on leads to Thanos." She began.

"Which is what the grenades are for. Uh, I'm sorry. What's the favor?" He said after she had glared at him.

"If things go wrong... If Thanos gets me... I want you to promise me... you'll kill me."

"What?" She looked away.

"I know something he doesn't. And if he finds it out, the entire universe could be at risk."

"What do you know?"

"If I tell you, you'd know too."

"If it's so important... shouldn't I?" He looked confused.

"Only if you want to die."

"Why does somebody always have to die in this scenario?" Quill shook his head.

"Just... Trust me. And possibly kill me."

"I mean, I'd like to. I really would. But you..." Gamora covered his mouth.

"Swear to me. Swear to me on your mother."

"Okay. Okay." He nodded before hugging her tightly. Both of them had been through a lot together and considered them to be close friends.

Crunch. "Oh. Dude. How long have you been standing there?" Quill asked Drax and Athena who were staring at them.

"An hour."Athena said smirking. "I ship it."

"An hour?"

"Are you serious?" Gamora asked.

"I've mastered the ability of standing so incredibly still... that I become invisible to the eye." Drax moved really slowly and Athena snickered.