Heroes

"We are heroes, heroes in the darkest times."

♡♡♡♡♡♡☆☆☆*

♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆
*

"

Seriously, you don't have any money?" Persephone asked Wong as she a Stephen went out for lunch.

"Attachment to the material is detachment from the spirtual." Wong answered.

"Right. Well, we'll tell the guys at the deli." Stephen said.

"Maybe they'll make you a metaphysical ham and rye." Diana added as she walked down the stairs.

"Wait, I think I got a 200."

"Dollars?" Stephen asked.

"Rupees."

"Which is?" Persephone asked.

"1.50." Diana said.

"Though I couldn't say no to a tuna melt." Wong insisted.

Something crashed through the ceiling and into the stair case. It was a man. "Thanos is coming. We've got to be ready."

"Who?" Stephen asked.

*******
"Slow down. I'm totally not kidding." Tony said panting running after his fiancée, Bethan. "I'm not."

"Look, your rambling lost me." Bethan smiled.

"Look you know how you're having a dream and in the dream you gotta pee?" Tony asked.

"Yeah." Bethan nodded.

"Then you're like my God there's no bathroom. What am I gonna do? Oh! Someone's watching!" Tony said.

"Right and when you wake up from the dream you actually have to pee." Bethan informed.

"Yes."

"Yeah, everybody has that."

"Right. That's the point I'm trying to make. Last night I had a dream that we had a kid. So real. We named him after your eccentric uncle. What's his name again? Porsey? Morgan?" Tony rambled.

"Right, so you woke up and we were-"

"Expecting?" Tony answered.

"Yes."

"Yeah?" Tony asked.

"No." Bethan informed.

"I had a dream about it. It was so real."

"If you wanted a kid, you shouldn't have done that." Bethan pointed at the arc reactor in Tony's chest.

"I'm glad you brought this up because this is nothing, just a housing for nano parts."

"It's not helping your case. OK?" Bethan pointed out.

"It's an attachment. It's not a..."

"You don't need that."

"I know. I had the surgery. I'm just trying to protect us. The future as is, and that's it. Just in case there's a monster in the closet. Just so you know."

"Shirts." Bethan added.

"You know me so well. You finish all my sentences." Tony said. "You should have shirts in your closets."

"Yeah, you know what there should be?" Bethan asked.

"No more surprises. We'll have a nice dinner tonight."

"We should have no more surprises." Bethan smiled.

"Ever. I should promise it." Tony added.

Bethan kissed him softly. "Yeah."

"I will, Bethan." They kissed again. A large orange portal erupted near them. A man and two women stepped through. All three wore wierd robes. Tony pushed Bethan behind him to protect her.

"Tony Stark. I'm Doctor Stephen Strange. These are my associates, Diana Thanson and Persephone Smithe."

"We need your help." Diana added.

"I'm sorry. Are you giving out tickets or something?" Tony asked.

"Congratulations on the wedding btw." Persephone added.

"Sister." Bethan smiled as she stepped out from behind Tony. "It's good to see you, Diana." She said as she hugged her Themysciran sister.

"It's not overselling it to say that the fate of the universe is at stake." Persephone said.

"Says who?" Bethan asked.

Bruce stepped out from behind them. "Hey, Tony." Bruce said before hugging Tony.

"Hey, Bruce." Tony said.

*****
"From the dawn of the universe, there was nothing. Then, boom! The Big Bang sends six elemental crystals across the virgin universe." Persephone explained. "These Infinty Stones each control an essential aspect of existence."

"Space, Reality, Power, Soul, Mind...." Diana listed the Stones as Stephen opened the Eye of Agamotto.

"And Time." Wong added.

"Tell me his name again." Tony said.

"Thanos. He's a plague, Tony. He invades planets. He takes what he wants.  He takes out half the population. He sent Loki. The attack on New York. That's him."

"This is it. What's our time line?"

"No telling. He already has the Space and Power Stones. That makes him the most powerful creature in the Universe."

"Not exactly." Bethan smiled. "I think it's time we bring in the big guns."

Tori was their only hope.