15 - Message Sent

(Hi! Warning! Mild language is used (once)! Some physical abuse and bits of rape! I'll do a summary at the end! Read at your own risk!)

Luna's POV

As soon as I hit the ground of the Ministry, my heart was palpitating and tears formed in my eyes.

"I love you."

He loves me. After all this time...

Before I could process it anymore, I remembered what I was here for. Shoving and pushing to move, I quickly walked to the elevator and got in. There weren't that many people inside the actual elevator, which was a nice change for once.

It dinged for the Auror's floor and I got off. I walked to the meeting room and knocked on the door.

Shuffling and then a click, the door was open and I was facing an elder Auror, with fading ginger hair.

I held my hand out, "Hello, nice to meet you. I'm here for the meeting for Mission 811?"

He nodded, "Come in, ma'm."

I walked in and saw a long table with Harry at the head. Along the sides were mostly filled chairs of people with Auror uniforms. Two were empty, with the uniforms hanging off the back.

I smiled and nodded at all of them and took my place in one of the empty chairs between Ron and a blond man, who I assumed to be Henry Abbott.

"Thank you for joining us, Luna. We were just discussing the hit areas we will search first."

After the meeting was over, the final empty chair still hadn't been filled.

Ron, following my gaze to the empty chair, said to me, "That was supposed to be Seamus's seat, but apparently Dean convinced him not to go."

I nodded and got up to change when I caught Harry's eyes. I pointed to the cloak and then to the door.

He nodded, understanding, and got interrupted by the Head of the Department of Traveling

I left the room and went to the witches' room. When I caught my reflection in the mirror after I had changed, I took a double take.

My blonde hair looked white against the deep blue of the uniform. It fit me very nicely where it was form-fitting but it still had a lot of authority. I noticed that I looked very frightening if I didn't smile.

I sent my old clothes back to my flat and I slid my wand in the pocket provided.

I walked out with my back straight and my head held higher than usual. I honestly felt like Narcissa Malfoy.

When I walked into the meeting room, I felt many eyes on me, but the conversation still continued throughout the room. Harry was still talking to the Head, so I walked up to Ron.

His eyes widened, "Oh wow Luna, you look beautiful. A little scary, too."

"Thanks, Ron. I feel different, like not myself. I'm a Healer, not an Auror. I'm not used to looking so....mean."

He nodded, presumably understanding. Another male in the same uniform walked up to Ron and started a conversation with him, so I wondered off.

I did a quick headcount of the people in the room. There were about 34 people, 14 being witches and 20 being wizards.

I wondered outside of the meeting room and into the hallway. I somehow ended up in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, when I saw a familiar face from across the room.

I widened my eyes and bolted for the door when I made eye contact with my ex-fiance.

"Wait, Luna!" I heard him say as I closed the door. I quickly walked all the way back to the meeting with tears forming in my eyes. Once I got to the door, I wiped both of my eyes from tears and walked in.