2-Old Friends?

Neville's POV

"-WAIT YOU STILL LIKE HIM?!" 

I was sitting in the Leaky Cauldron when I heard someone shout across the room. I turned towards the girl's shrieking voice. It was Ginny Weasley and a blond girl with very bright clothes. She reminded me of Luna. 

Wait. 

She WAS Luna. 

Luna noticed me staring at her and we both blushed and turned away. This did NOT add to my problems today. 

Wait, why did she blush? And why had Ginny yelled 'wait you still like him'? It could not be Scamander because she's getting married tomorrow to him. Stop reminding yourself of your problems, Neville, warned my conscience. Anyway she already loves him. 'Still like him'? Him who? Me?, said a hopeful voice in my head. No, I told it firmly, she loves Scamander and she's tying the knot tomorrow, and I wasn't even invited. I found out from Harry. But why did she blush?, answered the hopeful voice. I don't know but I don't like her anymore anyways. Lies, said my conscience. Shut up, both of you., I shot at them.

I looked back at Luna and Ginny, who were now paying for thier drinks and getting up to leave.

This is your last chance, Neville. At least say hi to her., said the hopeful voice.

Fine., I replied.

I got up and walked over to where Ginny and Luna were.

"Hey Ginny! Oh, hello Luna." I said, giving them both a hug. I let go of Luna a little quicker.

"Hi Neville, how are you?" Ginny replied with a big smile. Luna just stood there, silent but blushing.

I blushed. "Oh, er, good. Um, how are you? And you Luna? I haven't seen you in forever!"

"O-Oh. Um, yeah. I mean I'm good. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I was shopping in Diagon Alley for some supplies for my Herbology classes."

When Luna looked confused, I explained, "I'm the new Herbology professer at Hogwarts. Professer Sprout retired."

"O-Oh. Congrats, then.

Ginny looked between us and smirked her evil smirk and said,"I'll be outside. You two, catch up," she lowered her voice so only I could hear her, "Or more than that."

I looked at her feeling very shocked because I knew that she knew that Luna was getting married TOMORROW. I'm not a homewrecker!

I looked back at Luna and blushed. She blushed and said,"W-Well um let's sit, shall we?"

"Y-Yeah su-sure."

We sat down and just filled each other in about our lives with regular stuttering and blushing.

I checked my watch and saw that it was about midnight and at the same time realized that Luna never mentioned the wedding or Scamander. 

I felt hurt. Like I wasn't Luna's friend. She wouldn't even mention that she was engaged and having her wedding tomorrow. But I guess real friends would stay in touch after school.

Luna must have noticed something was wrong. She immedaitely frowned and asked, "Is something wrong?"

I looked back at her and tried to stop the tears now flowing down my face. "Yeah. I thought you would stay in touch with me, or tell me about you getting married to Scamander so I wouldn't have to find out myself." And with that, I got up and Apparated.

(A.N. PUT THE KNIVES DOWN. I'll update soon)