13- The Mission

Luna's POV

I was sitting on the floor in Teddy's room, playing with him, when the house phone rang.

I got up and left the room to go answer it.

When I found the phone in the living room, I picked it up and pressed the blinding green button.

I pressed the phone against my ear and spoke, "Potter's Residence."

A crisp, feminine voice emitted from the telephone, "Hello, could I speak to Miss. Luna Lovegood?"

I replied, "That's me. Could I help you with anything?"

The voice replied after a few moments, "Yes, this is Lauren, Mr. Potter's assistant, giving a message to Miss. Lovegood and Mr. Lupin to meet Mr. Potter in his office at 1 pm."

I glanced at the clock in the living room. It read 12:58 pm.

Goodness gracious, Harry.

"Okay, please pass the message to Harry that we will be there."

"Right. Goodbye Miss. Lovegood."

"Bye Lauren."

beep.

I put the phone down and ran back to Teddy. I stood him up and looked at his pjs. I took out my wand and tapped his clothes, so it would change into a cute little shirt with overalls that I had seen him wear before.

I hoisted Teddy on my hip and sprinted downstairs to the fireplace. I grabbed a fistful of the emerald green floo powder from the mantle and threw it into the firebox. I stepped into the flames and shouted, "Ministry of Magic!"

WHOOSH

The familiar sensation of travelling by floo came and went, and finally, I felt my feet touched solid ground again. I opened my eyes and stepped out of the firebox.

Witches and wizards of different sizes hustled and bustled around me. I walked towards the Atrium, signed in, and went onto an elevator.

I pressed the button for the Auror Office and it went up. It zoomed up and I felt Teddy tighten his grip on my neck as the elevator came to a screeching halt and opened.

Before I could exit the elevator, two men and 3 women entered and the door closed shut. They were all talking about some mission while I was taken aback.

Eventually, they got off at their floor, and zoomed my way back up to the Auror Office and ran out before I was stuck there again.

I walked all the way down the long hallway, reading the door labels for Harry's name.

Ron Weasley, Seamus Finnegan, Henry Abbot, aha, found it..

I landed on a door that read: 'Harry Potter, Head Auror'

I knocked and a masculine voice replied, "Come in!"

I opened the door and Teddy shrieked,"Daddy!"

I let him down and he ran to Harry. Harry lifted him up, "Hey little guy!"

He put him down and looked at me, then quickly looked down.

"I'm-"

"How are you? Did you get breakfast?"

He seemed a little startled, but answered nonetheless. "Yes, I grabbed a biscuit and coffee on my way here."

I nodded and closed the door. "So, what'd you call me in for?"

Teddy ran around the office, touching almost everything, just being happy.

"Well, I'm on the case and we found a couple locations we had wanted to check out. I have to leave on another mission. And I won't be back until I find her."