12 - Two Unexpected Visits

Neville's POV

I tapped my night clothes and they instantly turned into a nice set of professor robes I just bought.

I sat down on my side of the desk and looked up. She was sitting in the chair across from me and was whispering frantically to the quill.

I asked, "So, what brings you to Hogwarts, Ms. Skeeter?"

She looked at me and said, "I came to interview you, Professor Longbottom!"

The way she was looking at me made me shiver, the gleam in her eyes was enough to make anyone squirm, like I was her next snack.

She tapped her floating parchment and quill with her wand and said, "So, Professor, how did you become a professor? Did Minerva let you in on pity? Or was it because you slayed He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's prized pet and she thought you were worthy?"

I watched as the quill scribbled on the parchment. Glancing at it, I answered,"Oh, um, I was invited by Minerva to teach my favourite subject, Herbology, since Pomona retired."

She asked, with another glance at the parchment, "On a distantly-related topic, how are things between you and Ms. Lovegood?"

I put a blank face on and replied smoothly, "I'm sorry but that is a personal question that I will not answer."

She looked hard into my eyes and grinned maliciously. "How are you and Rolf Scamander getting along?Why did she choose him over you?"

I took in a deep breath, and said in my most commanding voice,"Please leave my office."

She smirked as she got up, and left, whispering frantically to the quill.

As soon as the door closed, I slammed my forehead against the table and closed my eyes.

Why did Luna choose him over me?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Luna's POV

Teddy poked my arm again. I looked down and asked,"Yes, Teddy Bear?"

His hair turned into a deep red that reminded me of Ginny. "When's mummy gonna be home again?"

I blinked, trying to stop from crying again. "She went on a little vacation, she won't be back today."

He looked sad, so I added, "But, until then, I'll be here!"

He broke into a wide grin and hugged me.

I hugged him back before pushing him off lightly so I could stand up. I walked into the kitchen and took out my wand.

I waved it around and tea started to brew and pancake batter was mixing itself.

I turned around again, leaning against the countertop.

"Ginny," I whispered, looking up through the window, "Please come back home."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ginny's POV

I stared into his blue eyes, my own brown ones watering.

"It-it's you?"

Percy nodded, a devious look in his eye as he pulled his ski mask off.

His bright Weasley-Red hair covered his eyes and his freckles shining like they used to.

"Wow, took you just as long as Hermione to figure it out! I'm impressed, my sweet Ginevra! I wasn't expecting you to be at her level!"

While his words stung, I couldn't help noticing where his glasses went.

I opened my mouth to ask, when he continued talking, this type sliding his hand down my leg, all the way to my toe.