Distance: 16

Kurt was panicking. As he paced the kitchen floor waiting for Quinn, his babysitter to finally arrive although she was taking her precious time. Kurt had been worried, Ariel had been fussing all morning and afternoon, being super clingy and whining all the time. He was worried about her and not wanting to be late for his date with Blaine, because what kind of person would he be than?

He breathed a sigh of relief when heard a knock in the door and then heard it open. "Kurt!! I'm so sorry I'm late." Quinn said sadly, hurrying over to him. "Go get dressed and styled into hotness, I'll get her cleaned up."

Kurt nodded happily. "Thank you so much!! You were starting to worry me." He breathed out a sigh as he all but nearly ran into his bedroom to get himself dressed and showered.

When he finally re-emerged, he was fully dressed, hair styled and teeth brushed for the third time in an hour. He walked over to Quinn. "I'm going to head out, so I'll see you two later." He smiled, kissing his daughter's forehead and squeezing Quinn's hand in thanks. "Call me if something happens." Then he walked out the door with his keys, phone, and wallet already in his pockets.

Kurt wouldn't admit it, but he was honestly really nervous. And although he had known Blaine and flirted with him for already five months, he couldn't help but feel those first date jitters. He looked over at his apartment door before he raised his hand to knock.

And when he went to knock on the door, the door was suddenly pulled open, and Santana ran straight into him.

"Santana!"

"Kurt!" Santana smirked. "Looking mighty fine tonigh, sexy." Santana winked giving him an appreciative once over. "Blaine will be all over you." Kurt laughed rolling his eyes, as he gave her a wave when she walked off. "By the way! The apartment is free for the night."

Kurt blushed knocking lightly on the door. "Come in!" Blaine called walking out from the kitchen. He was wearing sinfully dark washed skinny jeans, that clung to his muscular thighs. Kurt tried not to pay attention to it, but he couldn't help the glance he made, gaping only slightly when he could see the outline of Blaine's cock in his jeans. Quickly he looked up smiling at the button up stretched across his broad shoulders, before he made his eyes look at his face.

Kurt blushed at being caught by the glimmar of spark in his date's eyes. Blaine just smirked though. "Like the view?"

Unable to speak, Kurt just nodded blushing furiously once again. "Very much." Kurt answered. "Sha'll we go?"

"Of course." Blaine nodded pulling his coat on as he follows Kurt down the hallway towards the elevater. "May I ask where we're going?"

"You may not." Kurt teased. "It's a surprise." He lead them out onto the city streets, taking a few twists and turns before Kurt stopped infront of an Italian restaurant. "This look okay?"

Blaine nodded. "It looks perfect." They walked up to the reservation booth.

"Hummel." Kurt said.

"Ahh, right this way Mr Hummel, and Mr Anderson." The hostess smiled walking them to a more secluded booth towards the windows, so they can look out at the busy streets. "A server will be right with you."

A few minutes later, a server approached their table, setting down the menu's. "Can I take your drink orders?"

"Yes. Can we get a bottle of white wine? And two glasses of water please." Kurt ordered smiling at the server, who nodded and disappeared. Kurt turned back to Blaine. "Do you know what your going to get for diner?"

"Steak, and some spaghetti." Blaine observed flipping through the menu, before he nodded in confirmation that he was getting that.

Kurt smiled adorably at him. "Hmm. Sounds yummy." Kurt replied. "I think I'm getting fettuccini alfrado with baked cheese ontop, and a side of chicken."

Blaine nodded. "Sounds delicious." The server came back setting the wine and water down on the table, pulling out a notepad.

"Are you ready to order?" The server asked. Kurt and Blaine both put in their food orders. And once he was gone, they poured themselves some wine before getting into a conversation about work and Ariel. Halfway through their meal, Kurt's phone went off.

"Excuse me for a moment." Kurt said to Blaine, he pressed answer mouthing to Blaine, 'it's Quinn.' He nodded in understanding, taking a sip of wine. "Hey Quinn? Is everything alright- what? No- Is she alright?-" Kurt paused for a minute before continuing. "Of course- I'll be their in 10 minutes okay." He hung up turning back to Blaine with an apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry Blaine, but we're going to have to cut our date short. Ariel is throwing up."

Blaine gasped. 'Oh my god. Of course. I'll get the food put into take out containers." Blaine said quickly, flagging a server down. "Hi, can we get two containers for our leftovers, and the cheque?"

The server nodded replying with a hurried, 'yes, sir, of course.' He returned with bill, and two containers, while Kurt was pulling his coat on, Blaine paid for the meal, and helped transfer them into containers. He stood up thanking the server, before they left the restaurant. Kurt walked into his apartment, Blaine following behind. "She only has the flu, you go home so you don't catch any of it, okay?"

Blaine frowned but agreed. "Alright, but I expect you to call or text me tonight, and I'll stop by tomorrow morning."

"Of course." Kurt nodded, he pulled his date into a hug, tight and firm kissing his cheek. "I'll talk to you later."

Blaine nodded leaving the apartment, while Kurt turned to look at Ariel and Quinn. "Let's get her some baby medicine, bathe her, and try to put her to sleep."

It wasn't until two hours later that Blaine got a text from Kurt.

From Kurt,

Thank you for the amazing night! I had a great date with you, Blaine, and can't wait until next time.

• • • •

Kurt woke up the next day, throwing up into his toliet. Groaning he wiped his mouth. He knew he had the flu now, and most definitely got it from his daughter. All of a sudden he was glad Blaine was coming over to check on them. He rubbed his eyes once they we're washed in the sink. He had stayed up until midnight getting Ariel to sleep, and then all through the night she had woken him up coughing and screaming. And she finally fell asleep at 4 in the morning. Once he was sure he was awoken he checked the clock. Falling back on it when he saw it was only 9 am.

He should have been worried when he heard the hinges on his apartment door jostle open, but he couldn't be bothered. Even if he knew Ariel couldn't walk, let alone open a fucking door, he chose to ignore it.

"Hello?" Blaine's voice echoed throughout the house, it came closer and closer to his bedroom, the sounds of footsteps becoming louder, as he turned to the toliet to throw up in it again. He coughed feeling tears prickle at his eyes. "You alright, Kurt-" Blaine was interrupted by the sound of a shrill scream from Ariel. "Shit, I'll be right back." Then the footsteps became quieter as another door opened.

When Blaine came walking back into his bedroom, he was carrying Ariel in his arms. And Kurt was back in his bed holding his arms out for her. Blaine gladly handed her over. "I'll bath her for you, and then make you both some toast for breakfast." Blaine said, smiling at Kurt, who agreed thankfully.

"Thank you so much, Blaine." Kurt sighed. "I think i'm going to sleep some more, you should bath her now, she's beginning to stink, with all her throwing up she was doing." He smiled snuggling into the covers. "Give her some warm water as well." Blaine nodded, taking her back and heading towards the bathroom.

Blaine would gladly do this for the rest of his life.

                  ____________________

A/N

There first date, couldn't go perfect as usual, right? Their had to be a little bit of a twist. Hehe!!

Comment, Share, Vote, Follow me, and View!!

- Alysha