Distance: 3

Blaine woke to the sound of screaming next door of his neighbors. He groaned rubbing his eyes, what time was it? And why the hell was he hearing screaming? His eyes opened wide, please good lord don't let him hear his roommates screaming from sex. But he mentally slapped his face when he remembered that Santana was at work and Brittany wasn't here anymore he hoped.

Wait...

That was a baby crying. He sat up, I guess this was what a sign was too wake him up. He glanced at the clock once, than twice. "Oh shit." Blaine said hopping up off his bed. "I'm going to be late to work if I don't get going." Blaine raced around the house getting himself ready for his school day, he was happy he had at least twenty minutes to get ready still. He smiled, he would have to thank that baby someday.

By the time he had too leave for school he was already done. He walked into his classroom greeting jis students as they came inside, when all his students were inside he closed the door and began his class. "Good Morning, how was everyone's weekened?" Most replied with nods and yes or no. "Today we will be working on our multiplication."

He taught grade four in a New York elementry school. He grinned as they left for recess and finally got to sit down to plan for some more days and weeks too come now. Blaine really loved his job, he sometimes didn't like too admit especially to Santana but she worked as a waitress so she envied his perfect well paid job.

He had been working for this school for two years ever since he moved here when he turned twenty. His parents had been accepting when he came out to them when he was sixteen, they didn't exactly have talks about his boyfriend's or even friends that are men. He had gone to college for the required years to become a teacher which had made his father happy that he wasn't going crazy and moving to LA like his older brother, Cooper.

Blaine hurried into his classroom. "Good morning class..." Blaine smiled setting his bag by his desk and resting his jacket onto his wheeling around chair that he just had too have. The class responded back to him with their weird hello's and good morning's. "Today we will be focusing on practicing our hand-writing of our names."

"But Mr Blaine?" The little girl called frowning as she raised her hand. Blaine smiled nodding for her to continue. "I don't like writing."

"Well sweetheart, you have to do it sometime." Blaine responded chuckling quietly to himself. "Yes Micheal?"

"Are you married?" Micheal asked looking up at Blaine innocently.

"No Micheal, I'm not." Blaine smiled looking at him "Why do you ask?"

"Well, my mommy and daddy are getting divorced and my mommy say's daddy likes men." Micheal frowned looking down at his hands. "Is my daddy allowed to like men?"

"Of course not Micheal." Elizabeth rolled her eyes. She was the evil queen bee of what Santana had called her. "Don't be so stupid."

Blaine frowned. Kids in his class were already dramatic even if they were only 9 years old. "Elizabeth that was very rude of you... and I think Micheal that it is perfectly okay for men to like men." Blaine smiled. "I like men."

Micheal nodded in agreement. "Thank you, Mr Blaine." Micheal grinned at him, while Elizabeth frowned glaring daggers at Micheal. Blaine sighed, this was definitely going to be a long day.

Kurt Hummel was never more thankful than for having a friend like Quinn Fabray. She was literally a angel. She knocked on the door at ten minutes to when Kurt was having to leave. "Hey, how is the cutie?" Quinn asked. Kurt chuckled.

"Very restless... but I have to go like right now." Kurt said hurriedly grabbing his bag, he picked his daughter out of her crib and kissed her forehead. "Daddy will be home in no time okay? In the meantime Quinn will be with you okay, sweetie?" The baby giggles and then reaches out towards Quinn, as soon as Quinn is carrying her she is already pulling on the blonde curls as Kurt sneaks out the door.

Kurt was honestly really nervous for his interview with one of the head editor and cheif. He walked inside smiling at the assistant at the front desk obviously not happy about her job. "Can you direct me to Isabelle Wright's office?"

"Of course sir." She piped up sitting more in her chair. "First door down the right on the left." Kurt nodded his thanks as he follows her directions ending up infront of another desk lady.

"Do you have an appointment?" Asked the women, she looked to be pretty young.

"Kurt Hummel, I have a-" Kurt started but a new voice cut him off.

"Come right this way..." The new voice grinned. "I'm Isabelle Wright." Kurt blushed following behind her smiling as he sat down across from her. "Tell me about yourself."

"Well, I'm 24 years old, I have a 7 month old daughter at home, I'm single, I am into men, and I love fashion and clothes." Kurt breathed out. "I have been reading Vogue since the day I learned how to read."

Isabelle smiled at the nervous Kurt Hummel in front of him. "And who would be looking after your daughter while your working?" She asked.

"With my best friend, Quinn." Kurt answered quickly with a smile.

"And why are you interested in this job?"

"I really want it because I feel like i'm good at making clothing and listening to directions. I have a genuine interest in this industry, and I need to support my daughter myself." Kurt sighed.

By the end of the job Kurt was sure he was going to get it, he left the office to head back home, he had been gone for already six hours. He felt kind of bad for Quinn. He had been walking around central park with a coffee in hand, he needed himself a small break. When he finally arrived home Quinn was in the middle of scolding his daughter.

"What did she do?" Kurt asked frowning. His daughter was usually a bad baby only cried when she was hungry or tired.

"She crawled her way into your next door neighbor's house." Quinn rolled her eyes. "He left the door open and so did I because it was getting hot in here, I found her in his apartment staring up at him as he baby talked to her." She raised her eyebrows. "How come you haven't tapped that ass?"

"Because this ass is busy with his daughter." Kurt answered sighing. "I guess I'll go apologize later tonight. But thank you again for watching her, and I'll call or something you later." Quinn nodded handing Ariel over to Kurt before leaving the apartment room. Kurt sighed. "Supper time sweetheart."

_____________

A/N

hello!! I'm pretty excited about this book... what did you think about the chapter??

comment your reviews and make sure you vote, view and share :))

- Alysha