~ PrettyGirlBad's Reviews ~

Reviewed by: PrettyGirlBad

~~~

Title: King Of Solace

Author: Maxwell-Dark

I absolutely loved the title of your story and also the cover. They were both mysterious looking and beautifully done.

The book summary was good, it could have been a little more descriptive but it's fine.

The grammar was kind of lacking. Not in the spelling but punctuation and wording was throwing me off.

I loved your creative city and plot! It will definitely be something I could read all the way through.

Characterization and emotional impact was spot on. I never thought I would be attached to characters the first chapter but, you've done it. Great job.

~~~

Title: The Disjointed Tales of Renryre Island

Author: mabholloway

The title and cover was perfect.

The book summary came of too contradictory, even though you were trying to be funny.

Everything else was perfect. It was humouring, but also serious at the same time. The book shows a new side of naivety and ignorance and how it will gradually change throughout the book.

~~~

Title: The Scepter of Tamido

Author: TheTigerWriter

Starting off, the title didn't hit me at all. I thought it was very unique but not enough to actually make me read it if I wasn't reviewing it.

The cover could be better. It wasn't very eye catching and quite bland. The background looked unique but, you should have made it pop more. My first instinct reading this book was to exit out of.

The summary seemed to long and repetitive, and I kept getting side tracked. As soon as I opened it's contents, you immediately gave away vital information that you could have slipped in further into the story. Like your characters features and job, or it's emotional appeal to the audience.

Your grammar was actually good but, I gave you a 9 instead of a five because all your paragraphs with she. If you're trying to write in 3rd person, refrain from writing she at the beginning of every paragraph instead, use her name. She can only be used for the summary to create mystery.

Your plot was good but I felt like you could have done a little better in drawing the reader in.

Your characterization was fantastic. I liked how your characters were nothing I've ever read before. Also, how you created your own language. Good job.

Finally, your emotional impact. I'm being completely bias on this section. Starting off, it takes a lot for me to feel anything for the main characters once I first start to read. Especially when I was put off at the beginning. However, I also think the tragedy you wrote at the beginning was good; it could be better but was really good, considering how much you've made up in the story.

~~~

Title: Celestine Black: Realm of Sparchia

Author: nmustangs1

I loved the title of the book but the cover was lacking and it took away from the title. I loved the book title; it was nicely done and held my interest.

It wasn't so much of the grammar but the punctuation and the wording really made an impact. Also, the term 'her'. Since you have already told us who her was, you can stop using it so repetitively.

I loved your creativity but you plot was too fast paced. It's something I have never seen before so you really caught my interest.

I liked your characterization. It could be better but I didn't take any points away because, I liked how she was portrayed.

There was 0 emotional impact for me since everything seemed to go very fast pace and, I couldn't form a connection.