Chapter Ten

Sherlock POV

I sat back in my hospital bed, no one was going to believe me. They might not even believe that Morarity is back, they will think it was a drug induced hallucination. What am I going to do? Maybe that women screwed up, maybe she injected my dominant arm...no, she wouldn't have made that mistake. What can I do to prove to them that it wasn't my choice? How can I make John believe me?

Bloody hell, what is he doing here? Jake had just walked into my hospital room. 

"Hey Sherlock! How are you doing? Look, I know we don't get along well but maybe we could start over. We are both friends with John and you look a lot worse than I did when you hit me, so I'd say we're even," he laughed. 

"Fine" I said. 

"Really? Awesome! I know you smoke, and obviously can't in the hospital so I brought you some nicotine gum."

"That was very thoughtful of you."

"Well I didn't really think flowers were your thing. Ill just put the gum in your jacket." 

 He walked over to where my jacket was hanging and pulled what I assumed to be the gum out of his pocket and put it into mine. 

"I'd better run, just wanted to stop in quick to wish you well." 

To my relief, the John-theif turned and left.

---

I knew when the tox screen came back because I could see the look on Lestrade's face when he turned away from my doctor. He looked pissed  as hell and he came charging into my room 

"Your using again! You've got to be kidding! WHAT the HELL Sherlock?"

"Are you done screaming?"

"No I'm not bloody done! What were you thinking? You know what? You weren't thinking! That big brain of yours and you are still as thick as a rock!"

"Now are you done?"

"Ya, until your brother gets here. He's on his way right now."

This couldn't be worse, I thought. Then in walked John, looking absolutely devastated.

End of POV