Chapter Five

John got back to the flat about 30 minutes after Sherlock, he ended up having to set Jake's nose back in place. John couldn't say he was surprised with Sherlock's actions, well at least not his actions before he left. However John was rather confused about Sherlock's behavior towards him, why on Earth was he so upset about the possibility that John was dating Jake. Even though John was infuriated with Sherlock apart of him felt special that his flatmate had gotten so jealous. 

When John walked into 221B Sherlock was perched in his chair, "Took you long enough. What? Did you need to stay so that you could kiss Jake at the stroke of midnight?"

John glared and walked over to Sherlock "Is that why you punched him? Because you have this idiotic theory that we are together?" 

Sherlock glared at John "He's not good enough for you."  

"So you broke his nose?!" 

A smile creeped up on Sherlock's face "Did I? Well good! He deserves a lot worse." 

"Why because he might have showed interest in me? This whole thing is absurd! There has to be something else going on!"

Sherlock hopped off his chair and strolled past John into his bedroom. John followed him "Seriously, what has he ever done to you Sherlock?" 

Sherlock spun around in his doorway with a look of shock on his face. "You know what he did!"

"No. No, Sherlock honestly I have no idea." 

Sherlock marched straight over to John so that there noses were practically touching. Sherlock spoke softly "He stole you." 

John felt his stomach do a flip 

"Stole me?" he asked just as quietly. 

Sherlock's voice rose again and he started walking back to his room "Yes John he stole you! Your my doctor! Your my blogger! Your my crime solving partner! Your my flatmate and your my best friend!". 

John followed Sherlock inside of his room.

 The consulting detective continued "I'm mean am I really that repulsive to you? When people ask if we are a couple are you really so repulsed you lie and say your straight! And I mean seriously Jake! If you should be dating anyone it should be me! If you are going to love someone it should be me!" 

John froze, had he heard that right? Did Sherlock Holmes just say he wanted to date him? Did he say that he should love him? John stood paralyzed as he tried to figure out what had just happened, what his friend had just said. After all he was drunk he could just be rambling and not really feel that way. 

By the time John got his head (semi) right Sherlock was plopped on his bed face first. "Um Sherlock" John called shyly. "Sherlock?" John walked over to look at his flatmate...Sherlock was passed out asleep. John walked up to his room and got into bed, but he hardly slept a wink.

---

The next morning John was very reluctant to go downstairs. He wasn't sure how he felt about what Sherlock had said, sure the thought had crossed John's mind once or twice but he had never thought about it in much detail. Besides he didn't even know if Sherlock was just a  rambling drunk or expressing his true feelings. 

John went down stairs and saw Sherlock walking into the bathroom still in his clothes from last night, even though John only saw Sherlock for a few seconds he noticed something he hadn't seen the night before. He stared at his flatmate who's shirt was tightly fitted and exposed his chest, the purple shirt complemented Sherlock in every way. A blush crept up the back of John's neck 'Damn he looks sexy in that shirt...Wait, what?"

John didn't like what he was feeling so he was more than happy when Sherlock entered the bathroom and shut the door behind him. John turned and sat in his chair, picking up the newspaper. He heard the shower turn on and felt his entire body become warm and his heart start to race. 'What the bloody hell?!' Was Sherlock showing the slightest bit of interest in him really enough to throw off his whole being! John just sat in his chair trying to read his newspaper but he found the only thing he could think about was the fact that Sherlock was in the shower. 

He decided to go back up to his room hoping to clear his mind. He sat at his desk and browsed the internet, finding nothing particularly interesting, just blogs about party's from last night and news about the first baby of the New Year. He hadn't even realized the had shower turned off or that there were steps coming up the stairs when he heard a knock on his door. 

"Come in" John yelled as his friend was already walking through the door. Sherlock came in wearing his housecoat and a pair of pajama pants, his hair and chest still partially wet. He plopped down onto John's bed laying out and stretching his legs. John turned around to see Sherlock, 'Are you bloody serious!?!'  he could feel the blush creeping back up his neck, as water droplets ran down Sherlock's chest. 

"John, what happened last night?" Sherlock asked. This threw the doctor for a loop,

"How much do you remember?" 

"Well" said Sherlock "The last thing I remember was the cab ride over to the party and you refusing to tell me your girlfriend's name." 

John breathed a sigh of relief, he was incredibly happy that was all his friend remembered, but at the same time a tad disappointed. 

Sherlock must have heard John's sigh "Why are you relived? What happened? " 

The question was followed by silence, John wasn't sure how we wanted to answer that. 

"John! What happened? For starters who did I punch?"

"How did you know you punched someone?"

 'Great maybe he does remember and is testing me'  John thought. 

"There was an angry message on my phone from Lestrade yelling at me for punching him, but he never said who the him was." 

John's muscles tightened and face frowned he knew Sherlock would want to know why he punched Jake once he told him. Sherlock saw how John reacted to his question an jumped to the wrong conclusion. Sherlock leaped off the bed and went over to John in one long stride. He grabbed John's face and started to examine it. 

"John I'm so sorry! Please you have to forgive me, why on Earth would I punch you?" 

John answered quickly hoping the answer would make Sherlock back away before he realized how fast John's heart was racing. 

"You didn't hit me Sherlock!" Sherlock's face softened and he calmed down but still didn't remove his hands from John's face. 

"You hit Jake." 

"Oh!" Sherlock exclaimed, "That makes much more sense, I never really liked him and I can't think of a signal thing you could do that would make me want to hurt you." 

Sherlock pulled back and plopped back onto John's bed. "Anything else exciting happen?" 

John thought about this 'Yes! You got insanely jealous and then confessed your crush on me!' 

"No" John replied "Nothing else". 

John turned back to his computer assuming the detective would leave but instead he just remained on John's bed with his housecoat blown out and his chest showing completely. They remained in silence like this for a good half hour until..."Bored!"

John didn't turn around because he knew how Sherlock was laying. 

"What do you want me to do about it?" he was surprised that Sherlock didn't have a pounding headache and actually wanted to do something. 

"Not sure, but let's go somewhere I think the flat is giving me a headache" John laughed and walked down stairs, the detective in step.