6 - Swanning Around

Start from the beginning

"Good. I'd like you to remind them again, Chief Swan, that I mean it when I say if a werewolf other than Jacob Black steps foot on our territory then I will not be responsible for what happens. I can do a lot worse to them than they could ever do to me."

Charlie nods once, not taking that warning lightly. A threat like that could get Jasper arrested, but he has a feeling that that wouldn't stop him - the wolves are a little frightened of what the Cullen's could do, and that alarms Charlie as to what they are. He knows, however, that he will never find out the truth.

Jasper watches the cruiser leave the driveway before he heads upstairs, smiling softly as Nala hums to Lilo. "She's so calm." He says gently.

Nala looks over. "Good... You aren't medelling are you?" She teases lightly.

He shakes his head. "Hand on heart." He promises, walking over to them. Nala surprises him and leans her head on his shoulder, to which he responds by wrapping an arm around her waist ever so gently.

"Thank you Jasper." She whispers after a moment of silence.

"For what?" He smiles.

"Loving us."

-

Nala smiles as she sits on the porch swing watching Bella and Lilo run around the garden, Lilo swanning around in her little tutu and fairy wings. She's been truly spoilt today, on her second birthday. Admittedly, most of it has been from Jasper and her, since this past month has been a horrible one. Nala is getting there - slowly - however she's frightened to leave the house, or Jasper's side, or Li. She won't wear tight clothes, usually leggings and a hoodie or baggy t-shirt.

Carlisle is impressed with how smoothly the scars are healing, they didn't get infected and they're a healthy pink color for the most part. And she's opening up to the family a lot more - especially Jazz, of course.

"We got cake!" Rosalie sings as her, Alice and Emmett bring it out.

Nala smiles. "You guys didn't have to."

"You gotta have a cake, duh." Emmett scoffs making her giggle.

Rose sets two candles in it and lights it as everyone comes out and Bella carries Li over. "Oocorn." She gasps and points to the cake.

Nala smiles as she stands, taking her

Nala smiles as she stands, taking her. "Unicorn cake!? You lucky girl! Shall we blow the candles out?" She coos, looking around for Jasper.

Lilo nods and blows as hard as she can, her mom only helping a little to blow the flames out. Lilo claps excitedly as everyone cheers; Emmett gently wipes some frosting on her nose and she gasps. "Nooty Emit." She points as she tries to rub it off, only smearing it more.

Emmett nods and kisses her head. "I'm sowwy buttercup."

"Sowwy?" Jasper says as he comes over, smirking. "Jesus, Emmett, you've gone soft."