Chapter 52

Mingxia Jie felt power running through her veins when she opened her eyes again. She couldn't believe that she had already reached peak cultivation. She thought back to Laohu and what he had said before. She didn't believe that through his cultivation she could skip almost all the trials. Not even a single strike of lightning came down. It was odd. It would surely be investigated later when there was time, but that time would never come. Such is the life of Mingxia Jie. When Mingxia Jie exited the room she was staying in, Bai was waiting outside. Neither discussed what had happened and continued on with their day. The next week Bai had managed to complete his assignment. The governor general was dead. Many mourned for his death. Blah, blah. Condolences for the deceased. However, the Justice department could find no sign of an assassination. It looked completely like a natural death. That was until the Emperor had stated that it was, in fact, an assassination. Everyone was shocked. Especially those at the Velvet Piano. They immediately packed up shop and fled into the forest until the storm past over. Bai's face was pale with shock as he realized what had occured. Just as Bai and Mingxia Jie were planning on leaving Jiang, the gates to the city were closed. They were now trapped inside of the city boundaries and no one was getting out until the assassin was caught. Inside the Velvet Piano, both Mingxia Jie and Bai sat in the empty courtyard with more liquor. 

-"We are going to die aren't we Jie'er?"

-"Shut up. I'm too young to die."

-"What about me??"

Mingxia Jie snorted. But no comment was made on his chance of survival as the continued on with their own drinking. As time passed on, Jiang was far from forgetting about the assassination. If anything, more fuel was added to the fire. People tried to figure it out themselves, which resulted in a lot of rumours that mixed up a lot of common truths into figments of imagination based on speculation. Then the Emperor came out with another bombshell. The assassin was still in Jiang. Both Bai and Mingxia Jie were down in the dumps about the news. They knew that death was close. So they just continued onwards with their simple lives until it came out that Bai had killed him. The current situation was not helping their chances of survival at all.

------------------------------------+-+

Now in a farther corner of the world the people of South Chang were raring to prepare for this year's festival. It was suppose to be the most profitable this year, that's what the Oracle said. And you never doubt the Oracle. Bitch was a visionary for the harbour. Whatever she said would happen in the harbour. So no one doubted her. Which was an issue since she wasn't human to begin with. It was merely a demon who was sent from Penlai island to keep watch on the humans for... Let's just assume security issues... Since curiousity was dangerous towards the island. So whenever some lucky soul returned to the harbour after having found out the truth, the Oracle would call them possessed and have him or her killed immediately regardless of who they were. But that's for later.
----------------------------------------
Returning back to our protagonist, it appears that she had become a shell of who she was. No longer the courageous girl, she has fallen into the pit of despair. How unfortunate. But fear not, for booze is always the answer in recovering what was lost. Be it pride, dignity or self worth. It can all be recovered with a little patience and the appetite of a tiger.

Now it's not exactly a good story if they get piss drunk the whole time so on shall we continue. Tally Ho!

Both individuals and retreated into their own courtyards waiting for their deathes. But who have thought that  death would be so loud. They weren't in the mood to deal with whoever was knocking on the door so damn forcefully. The door wouldn't give way, and what they were knocking on was a door attached to a wall, so either way if they openned the door they would be met with a thick wall. It was a fake. Mingxia Jie had been meditating when the sound started to occur. After an hour of the same sound a vein popped out on her forehead; an individual only had so much patience. She stormed out of where she was meditating to where the sound was coming from and was confused upon arrival at where the sound was coming from. 

-"Bai!"

-"Yes? My sweet little Jie'er."

Mingxia Jie made a face at the comment made by Bai, she couldn't tell if whether or not he was disgusting or not. Bai felt that. He felt emotionally attacked by Mingxia Jie's stare. As if he noticed that he was already been labelled a lecher and a perverse man. Before he could remove the title of lecher strapped to his forehead, Mingxia Jie changed the topic. It was cruel and effective, and all Bai could do was cry in his heart.

-"Bai? Why are they knocking on the wall?"

Bai wiped away his tears and sniffled a bit. Composing himself with what little pride he had left, Bai elaborated on the current conundrum they were standing in front of.

-"It's an illusion. An array was left in case there were members still left inside so that there was a minimum chance of getting caught and killed. Hopefully it will last long enough. The person who put it up wasn't the best at putting up arrays."

-"Oh. Okay..... wait.....What do you mean he wasn't good at putting up arrays! You mean there is a higher chance that we can die if we stay here!?"

-"Chill Jie'er, I've updated the array for some time, but they are being pesky about getting in here. I wonder who snitched?"

The one who snitches was none other than Peizhi. Our registered crazy....