Chapter 41: Unwarranted Chaos

They fixed their clothing before being met face to face with Mingxia Jie and Bai. They both squirmed under Bai's gaze. Mingxia Jie looked to where Aiguo was but could not find him. She then grabbed the Shanshen woman and traded places with her before reaching for the dagger that suddenly appeared and flipping Aiguo onto his back before pressing her foot on his neck. Both Bai and the couple were shocked as they hadn't sense Aiguo at all. Bai squatted down to look at Aiguo before knocking him unconscious and picking his body up. The Shanshen woman gave her thanks to Mingxia Jie before leaving with the Yuhui man. They reached the main hall where they saw multiple people. Bai dropped Aiguo's body on top of Brother Lan's food, before sitting down and serving himself tea. Brother Lan looked at Bai before dropping his head and sighing.

-"Brother Bai, what did he do this time?"

-"Attacked one of my Shanshen sisters verbally before being beat up by my Yuhui brother and Shanshen sister. Later trying to harm my Shanshen sister with a dagger. So I say unto you Brother. What should you do about him?"

-"For now. I won't deal with him as I have other business but most probably he will be sent away for some time to reflect."

-"Reflect. Brother Lan, you are a sensible man. Don't give me this bullshit. Deal with him, or I will."

-"Yes Brother Bai."

Mingxia Jie merely looked at Brother Lan before leaving with Bai. They headed to a spiral staircase that lead up to the roof. They reached the top of the staircase and looked up at the cold moon. Under the bright moon they were able to get a sensible map of the outskirts of the imperial palace. They looked at the number of guards, Bai spoke

-"Jie'er, I think it's time to leave-â€

Mingxia Jie had already left his side. The palace guards had long since been used to nothing happening so they were bored. They were unguarded and vulnerable. Mingxia Jie walked up behind each guard and knocked them out before taking out the dagger that she had been carrying before and carving a camellia into each of their backs. Mingxia Jie continued on with this all around the outskirts of the imperial palace. Only attacking the guards on duty at the time. When she was done she waited for the guards to wake up and the howls of pain resonated all throughout the imperial city. The next day the imperial city was rocked. With the injured guards with camellias on their backs had no way to explain the occurrence. Everyone knew that camellias didn't grow in Jiang, so the government officials could not blame either Shanshen or Yuhui. Both Shanshen and Yuhui were fine with this development as both Shanshen and Yuhui guards were attacked. So the person who had hurt them clearly did not see a difference between the two types of people. Discussions broke out about who had done it. Word started to spread outside of Jiang. Word had travelled quite quickly and returned with the rumor that it was a masked woman that went by the name of the White Huli Jing. The imperial capital's rumors showed this masked woman as someone willing to give a message that under the skin and hair they still bleed the same color. Many saw the White Huli Jing as an icon that many of the younger generation worshipped. The elders had other opinions that aren't expressed publically. When Velvet Piano got wind of the rumors they couldn't help but smirk and keep silent.

After the imperial city had calmed down and the White Huli Jing started to fade from their memory, Mingxia Jie thought it was time to bring her back. She took the mask Bai had purchased for her in their first encounter and slipped on the white assassin's garb before jumping out and heading again for the imperial palace. She headed to the main hall where morning court was held and destroyed the dragon throne and painted camellias onto the floor and taking the lives of both Yuhui and Shanshen and spilling their blood on the floor. Taking a dagger and cutting into the jade floor the words."Dine with arrogance, sleep with shame. Unless you're the Emperor..." 

The next day the imperial capital shook once again. It had seemed as though the White Huli Jing was still in the city. Â But had once again disappeared like smoke that risen. There was smoke but no fire. The imperial capital could not contain their laughter as word had spread. 

-"Did you hear? The White Huli Jing dared to call the Emperor shameless you must be quiet about this matter. Do not spread it out."

-"Hey, hey. Did you hear? The Emperor was called shameless. Don't spread it out."

-"Apparently word is that one of the guards was the one who wrote it."

-"You stupid. It was clearly the White Huli Jing. She is clearly standing up for the Shanshen."

-"Do you think that she is a sympathizer with the Shanshen?"

-"I heard she had become the most wanted in Jiang, even though she hasn't been seen."

-"I heard she was an immortal."

-"I heard she was a demon."

-"I heard she came from the Island of Penglai."

-"Quiet. You don't want to be caught by the guards. Apparently after the White Huli Jing called the Emperor shameless he fell ill. Truly as the saying goes. Dine with arrogance, sleep with shame.."

The rumors had gotten so bad. That apparently, the White Huli Jing was sent down to condemn the Emperor and that the reason she was sent down was because there was an evil cult that had done a ritual and infused an immortal and demon together that they found on the island of Penglai. And that the White Huli Jing had cast a spell of shame on the Emperor being the reason why he had fallen ill. The imperial family did not issue a statement on these matters and the rumors ran rampant spreading to each country. Even word reached Eastern Zhousan and even Xue, where Kangxi wangye currently resided waiting for a new message from Mingxia Jie. Hearing that camellias were carved into the backs of multiple imperial guards. The only person who would do that would be his camellia wangfei. He packed his things and headed to where his beloved wife resided. He would certainly bring her back to their home in Eastern Zhousan one day.