Chapter 29: Only the Beginning

As Mingxia Jie stared at the daunting man in front of her, she kept a deadpanned face the whole time. Her mind ran like crazy as she stared at the person in front of her. The more she stared the more he stared back conflicting ideas running through his own head. From the royal adviser's point of view, the morning day light shown through the jail cell bars and illuminated Mingxia Jie's figure, making the whole cell appear much more likeable. While Mingxia Jie looked at where each person was standing and sneered in her heart at the irony. Mingxia Jie was bathed in the light of the sun behind her, while the royal adviser laid in the shadows of outside the cell. It was ironic at how yin and yang had chosen their sides and how every yin has yang and every yang has yin.

The more they stared at each other, the more the heightened level of caution was also increased on either side of the bars. Then the royal adviser made the first move. He pulled out a key and dangled in front of Mingxia Jie before placing it inside the cell door lock, and with a clear click, the door swung open. The royal adviser stepped at the edge of where the light reached and walked into it standing above Mingxia Jie hiding her in his shadow.

They stared at each other before Mingxia Jie stood up and dusted herself off. Her whole body screamed for her to run away from the royal adviser but she stayed in her place as she knew that if she ran she would not escape. The royal adviser looks down and his eyes show the conflictions in his heart, but soon enough decides. He grabs Mingxia Jie and sprints out of the cells dragging along Mingxia Jie. As they run, all that could be seen is a blur. Soon enough they arrive at a plum blossom garden in which they both pant lightly and look at each other. Mingxia Jie's cheeks are lightly flushed from running and her dress is slightly in disarray. While the royal adviser's hair is sticking to his face and his eyes are fixed on Mingxia Jie's.

Mingxia Jie looks at the royal adviser with a face of questioning. He smiles softly before regaining his breath again. He looks at Mingxia Jie and explains how Peizhi had made a bet and had explained that he is to bring her to somewhere, though he hadn't found where. Mingxia Jie had already thought of something similar around those lines. The royal adviser begs Mingxia Jie to run while she still has a chance. But Mingxia Jie looks back at the royal adviser in the eyes before stating

-" A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you. And for that reason, I must always make them look up at me."

She then walked away from the royal adviser who stared at her with awe in his eyes. He wasn't expecting that with Mingxia Jie's tiny frame that she would carry something greater than any man could ever carry. As she walked away Mingxia Jie made her way to where her room was originally. She opened the door to see the sword on the ground covered in the Prime Ministers' dried blood with the dead body removed from the room. She jeered as she looked at the sword on the ground. The sword was too heavy for her to lift, if she had lifted it up there wouldn't have been a slit in the Prime Ministers' throat, more like he would have lost a head.

The guards patrolling the area saw Mingxia Jie and yelled at her to return to her cell or else she would be faced with charges of attempted escape. She looked at the guards, and all her previous notions disappeared as they considered her eyes. Her body emitted the aura of a cold and ruthless general, that would back down to no one and would die with or without honour. She told one of the men to pick up the sword that had dry blood, the guard did so and picked up the sword. But his brows creased as he further lifted the sword. The sword was heavy, even for a palace guard. He looked up and down at Mingxia Jie, her frame was far too small to lift up such a sword. He then tossed the sword to his companion and both their brows creased. Mingxia Jie looked at them and asked her to lead her to where the riots were. They followed orders and led her to the edge where the people were. They saw Mingxia Jie and their already angry states, made them angrier laughing and mocking Mingxia Jie.

-"Bitch!"

-"Give us back our Prime Minister with your blood!"

-"You deserve death row!"

-"Your life should end!"

Mingxia Jie looked down at the crowds and an increased intemperance was blooming in her heart. Her body emitted the aura of imposingness quieting the crowds in front of her.

-"I must say, either the people here do not notice when a woman has been framed or they are too stupid to figure it out."

Her eyes scanned the angry crowds and she once again took up her words.

-"People of Xue country! I have come bearing kindness for your festivities and joy in taking part in them. But why must you blame me for a murder I did not commit? Here is the weapon found in my room, guard please show it up."

The guard did so and the crowds began to murmur. 'Is that really the weapon?' then amongst the crowd, someone screamed

-"So what? It's the weapon you used to kill our beloved Prime Minister!"

Mingxia Jie shook her head disapprovingly. 'Really?' She nodded for the guard to drop the sword. The sword dropped from the top of the imperial palaces' walls straight into the ground. The people upon further inspection walked up and weighed the sword noticing that the weight of the sword does not match the physic of the woman. Murmurs continued through the crowd before another man screamed out

-"You could have just used a guard to kill the Prime Minister."

-"First of all, I did not bring any guards with me on my way here; and secondly if a guard had killed the Prime Minister; why would you all be angry with me and not him?"

-"Well... you could have made the Prime Minister commit suicide!"

-"If I made him commit suicide would I do it inside the Imperial Palace, why there?"

The crowd began discussing the points which Mingxia Jie had given them, the guards were nervous once the crowd started to sway to Mingxia Jie.