Chapter 4: What's rightfully Mine

Mingxia Jie entered Kangxi wangfu with the cheerful cries of the crowd. She hadn't expected that her plans would go so well, so fast. As soon as she entered a maidservant was waiting for her. The maidservant bowed properly to Mingxia Jie stating:

-"Wangfei; please follow me. The room has been prepared."

Mingxia Jie nodded softly and followed behind the maidservant. As she looked around the courtyard she noticed that it's design was noble, but it wasn't extravagant like that of the Crown Prince; who had been spoiled since birth.( She knew from her past life, since she had snuck into it when she was younger. But that's a story for another time.) With multiple bamboo gardens and a simple quietness to it. But it was also lonely which made the mood dampen. While looking around the courtyards she noticed two women were standing playfully beside a pond.

One in a pale blue and one in a bright yellow, they both noticed her and stared back at her with a scrutinizing gaze. Mingxia Jie laughed to herself, thinking that she could slip in and out of her courtyards easily. In Kangxi wangfu, the courtyards had been separated from east to west, having a the flow of a rock garden. Where she had multiple layers of courtyards that surrounded the inner ones. The two women she saw had possibly smaller ones but coexisted with the grandiose of both the wangye's and wangfei's courtyards on the east side, while following rank everyone moved to the west side.

 Mingxia Jie ignored their gazes as she went forward with her thoughts. When she arrived at the room, she had still been occupied with her thoughts and hadn't asked the door to be opened yet. Quickly pulling herself together and pushed her schemes to that back of her head she nodded her head for the door to be opened; only Lifen followed Mingxia Jie inside the room.

Lifen took care of her feet, as she massaged them and gave a bit of food to Mingxia Jie to eat. They chatted for a bit before Lifen left the room. Mingxia Jie's smile disappeared, she sighed and took the red veil off. 

-"Wangye; it is a bad habit for you to listen in on a woman's conversation, no?"

A dark corner of the room lightly chuckled as its voice rang out a bit husky:

-"Ah, Xiaoye has been caught by wangfei. But it is not a habit. Though I see you are fond of staring at other women and scaring my guards."

Mingxia Jie chuckled at this wangye's words.

-"If Wangye refers to those women in your garden, it felt more like they wouldn't stop staring at me and your guards aren't very good at their jobs. Now, are they? Wangye really likes to keep what's his under his thumb."

Kangxi Di Guo roared with laughter at this wangfei, he truly did like to take what was rightfully his. But he was still too cautious of her. Kangxi Di Gou made his way out of the dark shadows, the silver fox mask reflecting the candlelight perfectly against his jade white skin. Mingxia Jie stood up and made her way to Kangxi Di Gou, her steps quick, yet so elegant. Kangxi Di Guo unconsciously took a step back. Mingxia Jie reached a slender white jade hand out.

Kangxi Di Guo's heart started to race not knowing if it was fear or excitement that rushed through his blood. He had never felt this way before, but yet he craved for the touch of this woman's hand. As he reached out to touch her hand, a faint scent of camellia wafted into his nose. 'This is why they call her the camellia wangfei' he thought to himself. They were close, so close that they could hear each other breathing. His hand about to touch hers when she hand moved quickly past his reaching for something behind him. It was a book, her eyes gleamed and she turned around and walked away with the book in hand.

In all honesty, it was a book that would be useful to Mingxia Jie, a cultivation book to be exact. Mingxia Jie in the past had never had experienced love because the men were too afraid to approach her in the first place. She hadn't realized that what she did had excited the man standing intrigued with her.