Chapter 13: Way Too Close!

After staying a period of time in the palace she met again with Wang Hui to find out that nothing had occurred in the time she was there and had left the palace fruitless. However not everything was out of vain, Mingxia Jie had also been unaware in receiving the affection of the General. But that was not to her knowledge, though that point would be more useful later on in the story.

As she arrives home a smile appears as she thought about how she has come to know her place as home. She had called the Demon Sect her home, only to find that her home had turned their back to her and let her die. Though the atmosphere never counted at homely. As she walked in she was met with familiar faces which were full of smiles in seeing her return, she moved immediately into her courtyard to cultivate and refine pills. She carried multiple on her in case of need but she had never used them.

Soon afterwards she was distracted by Hei Laohu who had told her that the bodyguard was on his way in. She had known eventually he would be coming because he would not respect her. Zhang Heng entered her reception rooms while waiting, Mingxia Jie came out of her inner rooms with a face of 'I already know why you are here'. Zhang Heng stood proudly as he spoke:

-"I do not see you as my equal and I do not believe that I can serve you because you are a woman. You threatened me into serving you and I do not take lightly to that."

Mingxia Jie sneered:

-"Lou Chang sees me as his boss, so you're going to have to give a better excuse than that. Besides that saying, I'm not your equal is something of the past, I was planning on finding stronger women than you anyways."

Zhang Heng became furious with how Mingxia Jie treated him, he charged forward with the intention to strike some sort of fear into her. But as he approached there was no change in facial expression, as Zhang Heng got closer to hitting her Mingxia Jie's expression instead became cockier. Mingxia Jie than disappeared the next instant to reappear overhead of Zhang Heng to strike him down with her foot.

As Zhang Heng hit the floor with a thud, Mingxia Jie just smiled as she walked past him to receive a cup of tea from Lan. Mingxia Jie then looked at the still laying down Zhang Heng, she walked up to him and lightly kicked him so that he woke up. Mingxia Jie became joyous as she looked at Zhang Heng. She spoke:

-"Now you see I am not a woman you should be taking lightly. I follow through with everything I say, now that this problem has arisen how should I deal with it? Maybe I should just get rid of you, or use you? Either way works now it's your choice."

-"I agree. You truly are worth being my boss."

-"Excellent, now out you go. I still have something to do."

-"Before that wangfei, wangye would like to speak with you."

-"Oh really, very well."

Mingxia Jie walked out of the room and headed straight to the study closely followed by Zhang Heng. As they arrived at the study; Kangxi Di Guo was sitting at his desk thinking over strategy, although 3/4 of his library was deemed empty and was currently residing with Mingxia Jie. He looked up to see Mingxia Jie standing in front of him with a small smile. They looked at each other before Kangxi Di Guo spoke:

-"I heard there was an accident with you?"

-"Wow, wangye really likes to talk about gossip. Something did happen. But that male brain of yours would never be able to fully comprehend it."

-"Oh. Well then thank you for not wasting my time."

-"Is that all you wanted to talk about? If so I will be taking my leave."

-"Of course not. Am I not allowed to spend time with my wife?"

Kangxi Di Guo stood up and took Mingxia Jie's hand as they walked into the gardens to smell the flowers. At first, it was awkward since neither of them was what you called ordinary. They began to speak about many things that were more or less a boring topic to both people. As the conversation dragged on; the topic of the General popped up.

-"Wangfei, I heard that you've met the General."

-"I have. Though it was by complete accident."

-"He told me that you had met him while he was training, and you touched his blades."

-"And what if I did so. I don't see the problem; I was just observing his sword technique. Besides the weapons were just sitting on a table."

-"Oh."

-"Yes, he seems like a great man. He must be if he is on the same level as you."

Kangxi Di Guo was getting pissed at the thought of having his woman talk about another man. It made his chest tighten and feel an insurmountable amount of agony. As they continued to talk, he became more and more annoyed with it. Soon enough he was at his limit, out of a moment of passion he grabbed her hand and sprinted. Mingxia Jie called out to him, but no amount of reasoning could seem to get to him. Eventually, they arrived at a courtyard, but they didn't know or care whose it was.

Kangxi Di Guo felt a sense of urgency as he felt Mingxia Jie's hands, and how soft they were. As he began to box her in a corner, only the faint softness of her voice could be heard as began to press her further. Soon enough they could hear each other's breathing. Kangxi Di Guo became intoxicated with her sweet yet faint scent of camellias. Moving his hands he began to kiss her hair as Mingxia Jie tried to control him to no avail.

Kangxi Di Guo's breath tickled Mingxia Jie's nose, their lips slowly parting for one another waiting for one of them to make a move. But it was too late to do so when Zhang Cong ignorantly strolled in with a smile on his face but soon was lost after seeing the couple.

-"My friend? What are you up to over here with your wife?" 

MingxiaJie silently lets out a breath she was holding in. As the mood was spoiled byZhang Cong, Mingxia Jie couldn't help but think 'Way too close!'