Chapter 27: A New Base

Start from the beginning

I had still done no damage, but I was determined to keep going. 

I felt an adrenaline rush. I was enjoying this, letting it all out on this knight, that I even forgot I was laughing.

I pushed it around effortlessly as if just a toy. 

I started getting light-headed, but now was not the time to quit. Please - stop a cry in my head brought me back to my senses. It was Aaron's plea.

I stopped the blade almost immediately and put him back in his sheath to self-repair. The knight took this opportunity to charge an overhead attack. 

As the sword curved in a beautiful arch, I questioned why I was here, fighting the impossible, and all the actions I took that led me here.

Winds blew as the sword split the air. The robed man raised his arm to his face and braced the wind.

It stopped.

The robed man lowered his arm to see the outcome.

But the only thing he saw was me.

There was a moment of silence as he processed what had happened.

"Impossible. How did-".

"[Eradicate]."

"No ... it should have not worked, they are both of Darkness!"

"It's not immune to magic, just physical attacks."

I slowly walked up to him, and he walked backward. 

He backed into a wall and braced against it.

I stopped inches in front of him, turned to ear and whispered, "Unlike you".

I could see the panic in his blue eyes. "Please, do not kill me! It was not meant to be this way!" he pleaded.

"I feel ... merciful today ... Do something for me and I'll let you go." I let out a devilish grin. I backed off a little.

"Anything! Please!!" he got on his knees and tears flowed down his cheek. 

"I'll ask you this only once. Do you want to join me on my journey of conquest? Of vengeance? Only as background members; servants if you will. You're not strong enough to be part of the main cast."

"Yes! Yes please!" 

"Fine then." I held out my hand. He took it. 

"First order of business, fix this place up. I need a base and this looks like a good spot." I snapped 2 dozen skeletons into existence. "These guys should help you," I said.

He nodded quietly. 

"What's your name?" I said to him.

"ᴳᵃʳᵛᵉⁿ" he mumbled quietly. 

"Louder, do you think I can hear you?" I boomed.

"Garven." he shivered. 

"Very well, Garven. I hope you know what's right and can make this place worthy of your lord's visitation." I smiled. 

"I'll be back." I walked away with Kani.

I could easily clean and fix it up myself, but I had to keep up the terror. 

"That was just evil," Kani complained once we got outside. "I was just caught in the moment," I exclaimed.

"That doesn't excuse you from what you did to Aaron. He was starting to crack and was about to shatter." Kani puffed. She lightly hit my head.

"You deserve a lot more but I'm not that strong. Wait until I tell Luna," she said. "Wait wait wait, let's not go that far." I let out a cold laugh, I was terrified of what Luna would do.