Chapter 17: Adventurer's Guild

At the very edge of the forest lay a nice and cozy town. Lying directly in between two major cities, it was peaceful. It had plenty of resources and some even might call it a tiny city.

The city was booming, mostly because of it's irregular stream of mana crystals. This was because of the monsters leaving the first floor of the Harulo dungeon and exploring, spreading out through the forest. These monsters were still pretty strong, but a C rank adventurer could take one down easily.

Although, something unusual happened that day. Something the townsfolk had never seen before.

Some people in the city reported seeing a hooded figure holding a blood red sword. Also, by it's side, a brown haired beauty in a black combat dress walked peacefully by the cloaked figure. A girl cute enough to make even the purest of men to question their sanity.

Even though there were sightings, no one questioned of it. And that's how they entered town.

"Provide Identification or pay 20 copper to enter the town." a guardsman said to the pair, just as normal. The only unusual thing that caught his eye was the fact that the hooded figure summoned the coins into his hand. The figure handed the copper coins to the guardsman.

"Thank you, sir." he said in fear and panic accidentally. Rumour had it, the only people who could summon money like that were the royal family through a little bag made by an alchemist for each member. "No problem." a smooth male voice emerged from the figure as it walked into town.

That day, whoever asked about the guardsman's day would be told the story of meeting the 2nd prince of the royal family. He swore to it, but people still didn't believe him, after all, who would believe a story like that, that was common sense.

Anyway, the two figures strolled into town, with not a care in the world. Heads turned to watch the pair as they located the Adventures Guild and entered the building.

...........

"A new face." an adventurer said as he turned his head to Luna. Well, he was one of many, scratch that, everyone. The room was silent, the only sound was the steps of Luna and me.

I looked over to the adventures, they drooled as they stared at Luna. They disgusted me with their lewd eyes, full of their own selfish greed. I released a dark and fearful aura, it worked on all of them.

"Oye, who are you?" one of them said as they finally noticed me. His accent kinda reminded me of an Australian, I had no idea why. "I'm here to become an adventurer, so is she." I said in my trademark cold tone.

We walked up to the counter, there stood a blond receptionist with not a bad set of melons. Luna jabbed me in the side when she noticed were my gaze had landed.

"We're here to register as adventures." I told the receptionist. She didn't hear me as she was blankly staring at Luna. "Hey" I snapped my fingers in her face to gain her attention.

"Y-yes!?" she jumped as she finally noticed me. "We're here to register as adventures." I sighed. "Ahh, yes. Please fill out this form." she pulled out a yellow piece of paper with writing on it.

----------------
Name: (Cason) (Luna)
Age: (17) (16)
Gender: (Male) (Female)
Race: (Human) (Human)
Level (optional): (28) (25)
Class (optional): (Magic Swordsman) (Magician)
Do you know healing magic? [Yes][No] (Yes) (No)
Do you have battle experience? [Yes][No] (Yes)×2
----------------

I handed it back to the receptionist when I finished filling it out, Luna handed it over directly after me. "T-That's some status" she said as she looked over them.

"What did you write?" I whispered to Luna. "Lies" she whispered calmly back to me.

"Well, we need you to pay 60 copper to join the guild." she said. I was about to summon the coins into my hand before a familiar voice called out into my head.