Chapter 25: A Fluffy Ally

Oh man, I'm back. Sorry I took so long to make another chapter, I was quite a bit busy in my regular life. Hope you all can understand.

——————————————————————————————————————————

After saving the distressed Aaron, we reconvened in the throne room. Tsubarian was back to his feet and was already waiting for us there.

"Welcome back to the waking world, Cason." he smiled in his dragon form. "Likewise," I said.

"So, the reason I called you all back here is to decide what to do about Kani." I said. "If she's anything like Tsubarian, she could be rather useful, but I won't let her marry you," Luna said.

"What do you think, Deliva?" I asked. She didn't answer as she was more focused on what was in her hands. "So fluffy~ ❤" she smiled as she kept petting Kani, who was struggling to escape. Her smile, pierced and radiated the entire room, banishing the darkness. It hurt too much to look at for too long.

"I guess that's the answer to that ..." I said. I looked back at Luna.

"Any objections?" I asked the other 2. "Only to the marriage," Luna responded.

"I do ..." Aaron said as he poofed into his humanoid form. "I don't think I'll be able to handle it." he wined.

"You have shown yourself!" Kani smiled as she did one last Super Struggle, which broke her from Deliva's tight grasp. She jumped up and with her tiny wings, tried to fly over to Aaron in great difficulty. She landed in Aaron's hair, "So fluffy~ ❤" she snuggled on it.

"Do you see what I mean?" Aaron sighed. He tried to pull Kani off his head but to no avail. Kani was instead happy that Aaron had touched her.

"So what do you think, Kani?" I asked her myself. "I want to come with, as long as I have him," Kani responded with glee.

"Guess that answers that ..." I sighed, "Bad luck buddy.". "Fine ..." Aaron tried once more to get Kani off of him, this time he succeeded. "I'm going to have a bad time with you... " He set Kani down, and fell on the ground with a clatter, in his sword form.

I bent down to pick him up, but Kani beat me. She bit Aaron from the hilt and had begun to drag him away. I took Aaron from her, "Not now." I said to her. I handed her to Luna to hold, where she stayed put.

I sheathed Aaron back on my back; I turned to the big lizard in the room. "What?" he said with confusion. "So the marriage?" I asked him.

"Oh that." he took a second to think over it. "She doesn't seem to be that interested in you ... " he sighed, "I don't want her to be unhappy. You can travel with her for now. Maybe Imis has a better call ..." he sighed.

"Who's Imis?" I asked. "Well... that's a little complicated. Erm, you see, I had a wife, the mother of Kami here. And well ... some stuff happened and she, erm, dragged me to dragon court. There the judges were so ruthless they gave her everything, almost full control of the kingdom. But jokes on her, I still had this cave and I still have Kami." he huffed.

"So you aren't the dragon king anymore?" I asked. "I mean, I still am on paper ... but she kinda ... banished me from my own kingdom." he sighed. "Harsh ..." Luna commented.

"I won't poke into your personal issues too much. Where exactly is the dragon kingdom?" I changed the subject. "Head southeast from here, it's about 2 days flying distance. On horseback that would be ...." he moved his claws in the air. "- 1 week and a day. Then there's the Dragon Forest to travel through... So a week and a half?" he said.

"We're going to need some supplies for that trip, anything you can give us?" Luna said to him. "I can give you a carriage full of food and some gold, not much else. I don't have any horses to give you ..." he looked off to space. "We don't need gold. And how do you think we'd go anywhere with that carriage without horses?" I asked.