|14• Blissful Days|

That Evening

Manik came downstairs to be greeted by the hustle bustle of Times Square. Being the heart of New York, it wouldn't be wrong to say that it never slept or fell slow. Even at 3 in  would find activity here.

Pushing his hands in the pocket of his leather jacket, he had clearly intended to walk towards his Mercedes but his feet took him to Mrs. Elliot's flower shop round the corner.

He just can't treat her like that, she was his wife. Legally Wedded Wife.

It was he who had asked for her hand, surely he couldn't let those stupid gossips affect their relationship.

"Hello Boy!' Mrs Elliot greeted him warmly.

"Hello Mrs Elliot." Manik replied with a smile.

"So what's it gonna be today? Lilies Or Orchids? I have a fresh batch of Orchids which your wife will love." She spoke up, cheerfully.

"Um, I think I'll take a dozen of those fresh red roses." He replied without even thinking.

"Red Roses! Are you in love with her, boy?" Mrs Elliot spoke up, happily.

"I think I am." Manik replied, rubbing a palm on his face.

"Aww, I'm so happy. " Mrs Elliot exclaimed happily, as she clasped him in a hug.

Manik gave her an affectionate kiss on both the cheeks.

"I need more, more." She spoke up, cutely making Manik chuckle as he kissed her again.

A few minutes later, he was driving towards his home the bouquet of roses kept carefully on the side seat.

The local radio played a beautiful a love song and almost involuntarily Manik could feel himself identifying with the lyrics.

I Can Feel Her Heartbeats From A Thousand Miles..

The door back home was opened by one of the maids and not Nandini. His happy senses dimmed a bit, when his eyes weren't greeted by the beautiful sight of his wife. As fresh as a dew drop, with that gorgeous smile but it doesn't matters he'll head straight to their bedroom.

Nandini ran her fingers through her cascading rich ebony tresses as she heard the knob turning. Her heart increased its pace, he was here.

Manik entered the room looking for her and there she was, standing by the bed.

Turning, she smiled at him. Her eyes twinkling.

God, he missed that smile so much!

And The Heavens Open, Every Time She Smiles..

It didn't seem from her face that he had been downright rude to her that morning, leaving her alone in bed while she was asleep and left for work.

It didn't seem that he hadn't answered her calls the whole day. The smile reached up her eyes and told him that she was just glad to have him back.

Nandini walked towards him in quick steps and he found himself running to her.

I'm Running To Her, That's Where I Belong..

I'm Running To Her, Like A River Song..

Without Thinking, his arms went around her and so did hers around him. Smiling, Nandini basked into the warmth of his arms taking a whiff of his musk cologne. How much she loved this!