Fatherly Instincts

Hey guys I quickly put this together, I hope you enjoy it. xo

Mickey watched as Ian tried to put his baby to bed. He noticed that Ian was so gentile and loving with him, he was so father-like when it came to taking care of Yevgeny.

"Why you treat him like that?" Mickey asked.

"Like what?"

"You know. Like he's your own."

Ian gave a sly smile and softly said, "come here."

Mickey slowly made his way to Ian and looked down at his baby.

"He has your eyes." Ian whispered faintly, shifting his view to Mickey.

Mickey studied Yevgeny's face. 'he does have my eyes' he thought. He watched how his baby held Ian's index finger in his tiny hand. He didn't realize how beautiful and fragile a baby could be until now. It scared him a little thinking that he was born a Milkovich.

"You wanna hold him?" Ian questioned, looking up at Mickey.

"No." he blurted, moving away from Ian.

"Hey, what's your problem?"

"I have no problem. Just don't wanna hold that kid."

"But-"

"But nothing. Why you care, he's not yours!" Mickey interrupted.

Ian stared hard at Mickey, he could tell he was hiding something because every time he was he would always find a way to avoid eye contact. Ian then turned to the crib and placed the baby down.

"You wanna know why I care Mick?" He asked stepping closer to him.

"No, but you're going to tell me." Mickey sighed.

He stood in front of Mickey, placed his hand on his cheek, and whispered, "because he's yours, and what's yours is mine."

These words shot a cold flash down his spine. He knew that Ian cared, maybe a little too much about him and now it was up to him to care too. The first thing he had to do was open up.

"I don't want anything bad to happen to this kid." He admitted.

"Mick, look at me." Ian ordered lifting his chin so that his eyes were able to meet him.

"Nothing bad will happen to Yevgeny. We care too much about him to let anything happen. And plus he's got 3 parents I'm pretty sure he'll turn out alright." he gave him a comforting smile.

"You're right." Mickey shook his head in relief.

"I'm glad you're with me." Mickey whispered, hoping Ian wouldn't give him too much shit for revealing his vulnerable side.

He didn't.

Ian put his arm around Mickey and kissed his forehead but he didn't say anything, he didn't have to because they both knew what they had with each other and they enjoyed it.