Barbecue

It was finally time for one of the famous Gallagher barbecues and meanwhile everyone was drinking and socializing, Ian was too busy shooting Mickey alluring grins. Every look made Mickey nervous, thinking other people knew and saw what Ian was doing. 

Mickey took the last chug of his beer and walked to the cooler, opening another beer, Mickey wondered if Ian was still looking at him, so, he quickly glanced at him. He was. 

For fucks sake Gallagher. 

After several minutes of hesitating Mickey then walked towards Ian.

"Hey Mick." Ian smiled.

"What the fuck are you doing?" 

"Um... Drinking a beer." Ian answered.

"No, you dumb ass. Stop fucking looking at me all the goddamn time. It's giving me the creeps."

"You want me to stop looking at you?"

"No shit, I want you to stop." Mickey responded, glancing around.

"No problem, Mickey." Ian nodded.

No smart mouthing, no refusing, no persuading? Something was wrong, Mickey thought. Ian then walked over to the wooden patio table and sat down next to this guy, his hair was dark brown and pushed back and he wore a leather jacket on top of a white t-shirt and for bottoms, he wore blue jeans. He resembled James Dean in that movie, "Rebel Without a Cause".

Mickey stared at them, they started to talk, he touched Ian's shoulder, Ian laughed, he smiled, they looked at each other admirably. It made Mickey sick to think that Ian might have been interested in another guy.

He chugged the rest of his beer down and hesitated on whether or not he was going to interrupt their conversation.

His legs spoke before his mind did.

"Gallagher?" Mickey spat, breaking the conversation.

Ian kept his eyes locked on the can of beer he held in his hand.

"Yea?" he responded.

"I wanna talk to you."

"No thanks," Ian replied.

Mickey glared hard at him. The words that came out of Ian's mouth angered him. Then a low chuckle arose from 'Mr. James Dean'.

"You won't be giggling when I knock your face in." 

"Dude, just stop embarrassing yourself." He replied trying to seem confident in his response. 

"Fuck you say to me?" Mickey clenched his right fist and lifted it. As quickly as he could, Ian grabbed his wrist and pushed him, not with enough strength to knock him down but with enough force to have him take a few steps back.

"You wanna talk right? Let's talk then." 

They moved to a corner and began to talk.

"What is it that you want from me?" Ian questioned

"Nothing, I don't want anything from you." Mickey hissed.

"Really? You don't want anything from me? That wasn't what it looked like."

"What the fuck are you talking about, Gallagher?"

"You told me to stop looking at you and as soon as I started looking at some other guy you couldn't take it."

"Fuck off." Mickey barked, wide eyed.

"Answer me, Mickey!" 

Mickey crossed his arms and chuckled awkwardly.

"Mick-" 

"I don't want you looking at other guys, Ian." Mickey interrupted.

Mickey quickly hid his face and refused to lift his head because he knew his cheeks flushed. 

Did I really just say that? Mickey thought to himself.

Ian couldn't believe what came out of Mickey's mouth. He knew Mickey as a guy who would never blurt out how he felt all the time. To hear Mickey say what he said, surprised Ian. It left him speechless.

"Forget it," Mickey sighed.

"Mick, stop. Can you just show me you care, for once." Ian groaned.

Mickey lifted his head and pulled Ian by the arm. They entered the house and ran up the stairs into Ian's room. He slammed the door and walked towards Ian. He placed both of his hands on Ian's neck, his gaze dropped from his eyes to his pink, plump lips. He pressed his lips against Ian's and massaged his tongue with his. Their breaths became quicker as they explored the inside of each others mouth.

Mickey slowly separated from the kiss and ran his hand down to Ian's hips. His eyes met Ian's.

"How's that?"

"You definitely care." Ian laughed, lightly pressing his body closer to Mickey's.