Chapter Sixteen

It was all unreal. Jughead took off after the news. The teens chased after him, but stopped at the steps of the school letting him go.

Archie drove Scarlett home. She was quiet the whole ride holding back her tears.

Veronica calls Scarlett

"Scar are you still with Archie?"

"Yes."

"Put me on speaker!"

"Kevin called me he told me they found the gun that killed Jason in a lock box hidden in Fp's closet"

"But we searched Fp's trailer. We looked in that closet and there was no lock box." Archie says

"What are you two saying." Scarlett gives a questioning look to Archie

"Someone put it there, he's being framed." Veronica speaks through the phone eagerly.

"Ronnie where are you, we'll pick you up." Archie asks

"I'm on my way to Betty. She's at pops."

"Okay Meet us at my house. We have to talk to my parents they'll know what to do." Archie says and Veronica hangs up.

"Who would do this?" Scarlett asks

"No idea, but we have to figure it out." Archie pulls into his driveway.

The teens head inside and are shortly joined later by the rest of the gang along with Mrs Cooper and Mrs lodge.

They all catch the parents up on what's happening. And the other parents find out Mrs. Cooper was the one to put the teens up to it.

Veronica and Mrs. lodge drives Scarlett home. She notices her father is still not home. The teen goes inside and changes out of her dress attire.

Unable to sleep. She decides to go down to the station. And sees the rest of the gang going inside she joins.

"V." Scarlett yells out.

"Scar! We're going inside to tell Keller how this is all wrong. Why are you here."

"Same thing."

They rush in to catch up with the others.

"We need to see Sheriff Keller." Archie says

"There's been a huge mistake." Betty adds moving next to him

"Sheriff, we need to talk to you about FP Jones." Veronica spots Keller and approaches him

"What about him?"

"He's innocent." Archie says

"He's being framed." Scarlett moves in front with everyone

"Then why did he just confess?" Keller raises a brow

Confusion riddled everyone's mind. Fp came into picture and was being escorted by an officer. Scarlett father.

Fp makes eye contact with his son then Scarlett. There was nothing in his eyes they were dead in a way. He looked away from them and Malcolm notices his daughter.

"Scar?" Her father stops for a moment "what are you doing here?"

She looks to her friends.

"Wait here I'll take you home." He speaks sternly and Fp looks at the teen squinting his eyes for a moment questions running through his head and they disappear down the hall with Keller following close behind.

The teens leave going their own ways and Scarlett waits for her father.

"So young lady want to explain to me what you and your posy were doing here?"