Chapter Eight

Monday. School.

Scarlett has a love hate relationship with school. Depends on her mood and objective at the time.

In English they were give an assignment to write about their day as a warmup. Scarlett's hand couldn't stop. Everything just flowed out of her.

"So far today Keller and my dad came to my school they talked about the boy they found in the river. His name was Jason Blossom. I didn't know he had a twin sister until I went to watch Betty and Veronica at cheer practice. Total bitch! I don't know how much more of this day I can take. Thank the heavens this is my last class."

Tuesday. School.

Scarlett hangs out in the student lounge with Veronica, Kevin, and Betty. As Jug stands across the room by archie trying to word the vending machine. A football player starts talking to a few people in the room, but loud so others would listen.

"Sheriff Keller's grilling me, Mantle the Magnificent. 'Cause I'd want Blossom dead.
When he was, like, the only good quarterback we had. And speaking of offensive tight-ends, I should've sent the cops to you, Moose.
Because here's another unsolved mystery.
What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river, huh? Or does being with the sheriff's son give you a free pass? Keller?"

"Reggie's just being a blowhard, Kev." Betty turns her head facing Kevin.

"I don't care what he says." Kevin snaps back

"I mean, let's think about it. If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not gonna be a jock, right? Now let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic Internet troll, too busy writing his manifestos to get laid? Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak, like Jughead? What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like After?" Reggie says

"It's called necrophilia, Reggie, can you spell it?" Jug shoot back causing me to laugh.

Reggie shoots out to the chair.

"Come here, you little-"

" Hey shut the hell up, Reggie." Archie stands in between Jug and Reggie

"Boys." Veronica says

"What do you care, Andrews?" Reggie looks at Archie confused.

"Nothing, just leave him alone." The red haired boy answers

"Holy crap. Did you and Donnie Darko kill him together? Was it some sort of pervy, blood brother thing?" Reggie steps closer to Archie

Soon enough a fight broke out. Archie shoves Reggie back and Reggie cane running back shooting Archie straight into the vending machine.

Jughead attempts to grab them, but is unsuccessful and the boy roll on the floor throwing punches at one another.

Jug tries to pull Reggie off of Archie and moose hops up grabbing jug letting Reggie get one good shot in knocking Archie out.

Principal Weatherbee comes into the room and has two people separate the boys and takes them to the office.

Finally the bell rings so everyone can go home. As soon as Scarlett steps outside she notices her father and tilts her head walking towards him.

"Dad? What are you doing here? I thought you had more stuff to do with Keller?"

"I do, but I have this to give you first." Scarlett's father lets keys drop from his hand as they hang on his fingers."

"What? You're gonna let me drive home?"

"Yes, but not my car."

"What?"