Chapter Ten

A few days had gone by since the drive-in closed. Scarlett's father has hardly been home since they found Jason's body, so she's spent almost all her time with Fp in his trailer.

Laying in Fp's bed, naked next to him, felt normal to Scarlett. There was no awkwardness. No weirdness. It was actually cozy, welcoming, homey. She loved it.

Scarlett rolls on top of Fp.

She leans down and collides their lips.

"I could stay like this with you all day." Scarlett bites her lower lip and slaying grinds against Fp making him moan slightly.

"Scar." He says in a warning tone "don't start anything you don't plan on finishing."

"Oh I always see things through you should know that by now." She giggles and moves faster as Fp watches her continue.

Just as Scarlett was getting into it she slows down remembering what Cheryl told Kevin, Veronica, and herself.

Fp could tell something popped into her mind making her stop.

"Scar? What's up?"

"I want to ask you something, but it might not be my place." She rests her hands on his abdomen.

"Ask me." He says in a low tone.

"You know Cheryl Blossom?"

He lets a deep breath out "I know of the Blossoms, yes. Get to the point."

"Well a little bit ago... she saw you.. and" Scarlett gets off of Fp sitting beside him. "Hermione Lodge behind the dumpster at pops, the night after I left to meet up with some friends...she showed a few of us a photo she took... things looked pretty heated." Scarlett looks down at her hands.

"You were right.. it's none of your business."

Fp stands up throwing on his boxers going out to the kitchen. Scarlett grabs his shirt off the ground and follows putting it on.

"I just wanna know what happened." Scarlett stands behind Fp as he reaches in the fridge pulling out a beer.

"Nothing that concerns you." He spat back as he opens his drink. "The fucking was fun, but I think it's time you go... don't want to keep daddy worrying now do we."

After Fp spoke he immediately regretted it. He didn't want her to leave he didn't mean to hurt her feelings, but he sure as hell wasn't going to back down. Fp felt horrible watching her get dressed, she looked sad, hurt and all he wanted to do was hug her. But he doesn't he just drinks his beer faster to get to the next one.

He watches her leave and puts the beer down grabbing something harder, scotch, before heading to his bedroom.

An hour goes by and Fp hears his front door open. He thinks it's Scarlett, so he stand up walking out of his room.

"Hey listen I was-" he sees not the woman he practically kicked out of his trailer, but his son. "The prodigal son returns." Fp looks at the drink in his hand and puts on the counter. "How you doing? You look good."

"I'm hanging in there." Jughead replies looking around at the mess his father lives in.

"Yeah?" Fp raises a brow to his son

"I came by to ask If you would consider going back to work with Fred Andrews."

"Yeah, he called me." Fp puts a bottle in the cabinet. "I said no. He fired me, Jughead.
What kind of man would I be if I went back, hat in hand?" Fp couldn't make eye contact with Jug he just held onto the cabinet enraged listening to his son.