Chapter Twelve

Text From: Fp❤️

"Hey gorgeous. Are you going to Jug's thing tonight?"

"Yeah I'm actually outside Archie's right now, are you?"

"Not sure. Jug hates his birthday. I tried getting through to Betty, but she doesn't like to listen."

"It'll be fun anyway.. you should come. Maybe we can sneak off for a bit 😜"

"Oh really?"

"Maybe.. but you'll have show up to find out."

"Hmm I'll see what I can do."

Scarlett giggles putting her phone in her purse approaching the front door and Opens it.

Everyone yells "Surprise!"

Scarlett laughs
"Do I look like Jughead to you?"

"Betty just texted me. They're almost here. You've met Joaquin, right?" Kevin says looking at me.

"I haven't had the pleasure." Scarlett stiffens up recognizing the boy from the Wrym. She's seen him with Fp a few times and He knew exactly who she was. The air gets harder to breathe, but she extends her hand to his greeting him.

"Guys, they're really coming this time. Everybody hide." Ethel runs away from the door as she yells to everyone and hides.

"Surprise!" They all yell

"This is why we left the double feature." Jughead laughs and looks to Betty

"Happy birthday, bro." Archie hugs Jughead.

"You really shouldn't have.
Ugh, you reek. Are you drunk?" Jughead speaks in a whisper

"No." Archie quickly replies.

"Happy Birthday beanie boy"

"Thanks, Scar. Thanks, everyone. Oh, it's Kevin!" Jughead prepares for a hug as Kevin approaches him wrapping his arms around him.

"Happy birthday, bud. This is my boyfriend, Joaquin."

"Hey, nice to meet you. Um, has anyone seen Betty?" As soon as the words leave his mouth Betty appears from the kitchen holding a cake

"Happy birthday to you Happy birthday to you Happy birthday dear Jughead Happy birthday to you" she sings.

"That was haunting, Betty." Jughead says taking the cake from her.

"Blow out the candles and make a wish." She kisses his cheek

"I wish it were just the two of us right now." Jug sighs and whispers to his girlfriend.

Scarlett goes into the kitchen looking at her phone wondering where Fp was. When Archie walks in

"You want a drink?" He walks closer

"Isn't it the New York sophisticate who's supposed to corrupt the sweet small-town boy?" She laughs putting her phone down.

"My dad's visiting my mom. They're about to finalize the divorce." The boy leans against the counter in front of her.

"God, Archie, I'm sorry." Scarlett puts her hand on his shoulder.