Chapter Seven

"Where the hell have you been?"

"Out with a few friends."

The words caused her father to change his tone

"Friends?"

"Yeah.. I met some kids at school. We went to the diner I left my phone in the car I'm sorry."

The two stayed quiet

"I'm glad you're making friends.. it's just I need to know where you are. Things have been tough since your mom passed and I haven't been the easiest person, but this act needs to stop. We moved here for a fresh start, not to repeat the same mistakes... I'll forget about the other night.. and tonight. But you need to talk to more. Communication is key if we're going to get anywhere... okay?"

"Okay.." Scarlett says quietly as her father approaches her

"Okay?" He repeats himself

"Okay." She says louder as he pulls her in for a hug

"Okay... I'm going to bed I have work in the morning before you get up, but I'll be home by dinner."

She nods her head as Malcolm kisses his daughters head and goes up to his room.

Scarlett does the same and after she shuts her bedroom door her phone goes off.

Text From: Unknown Number

"Hey"

"Who's this?"

"Fp."

"Oh hey handsome"

"You left your bag here"

"Shit, when would be a good time for me to get that back from you?"

"Tomorrow. I can drop it off"

"You don't have to do that I can come get it, it's no problem."

"You and what car? I'll drop it off. Text you when I'm around."

Scarlett felt no need to respond. The man was coming to her home whether she liked it or not. The teen passes out in the nights clothes too exhausted to do anything.

Around two pm Scarlett wakes up to a phone call answering it before checking the ID.

"Hey." The rugged mans voice wakes her up faster than anything ever has.

"Fp? Hey."

"I'm outside. Been knocking rang the doorbell a few times. You sleeping?"

"No..no sorry I was..in the shower."

"Oh is that so" the man chuckles

"Yes I'll be right down." She hangs up running downstairs not thinking about the lie she had just said or the outfit she was wearing.

Scarlett opens the door to Fp standing there with her bag in his hand. He eyes her up and down before smirking.

"That's weird." Fp raises a brow to her