A Secret to Share...

(Hayley's POV)

I was low on stamina, we've been going for two hours straight and I'm pretty sure we're miles away from Fury. I couldn't run anymore, but Arissa and Bruce look like they can go forever. I stumble forward and lean onto a near by tree, trying to catch my breath.

"W-wait!" I whine while greedily sucking in air. "I-I c-can't keep r-running like you guys!"

"Bruce, I thought she would have had practice by now." Arissa said with a humph.

"Well she's not exactly used to the whole 'running for you life' ideal..." Bruce nervously said while rubbing the back of his head. Then, Tony came slowly jogging from behind me, he too was out of breath. "You can expect it from Tony though..."

"Hey!" Tony coughed while leaning on the same tree I was on. "I'm Iron Man, I'm used to flying!" He then lurched forward while holding his heaving chest, then gasped in more air. "WHY ARENT YOU GUYS DYING LIKE US!?"

Arissa crossed her arms. "I'm still an agent, you know. I was made for stuff like this."

"I've been running for a quarter of my life..." Bruce answered easily. Like if it wasn't a big thing for the both of them!

"I guess we can set up camp here. We have been running for a while..." Arissa said while examining the area. The sun was about to set behind the trees, but it's around 5 or 6.

"Yes please!" I cheer while limbering to the ground. I snuggle onto the soft moss and smile lightly. The sun felt so good on my skin, though I'm not hot from all of the running, it feels good to be warm. "Wake me up when there's a fire and food."

"We didn't bring anything. Though I'm pretty sure I can set up traps." Arissa said with pride. I open my eyes and she's staring down at me, a pale hand reaching out to me. I groan, she wants me to go with her, but I'm extremely tired and all I want to do is cuddle with Tony!

Wait... What...

"Whatever!" I cry out while throwing my arms up. Without Arissa's help, I push myself up and stand, feeling more and more tired by the minute.

"Tony and Bruce, can you guys manage to make a fire without burning down the forest?" Arissa asks simply. Tony nods and so does my brother. "Tony after that I want you to make a shelter."

"Alright blondie, don't expect a big fortress." Tony informs her with his usual sass.

"I'm not--" she stops herself and shakes her head. "Yeah yeah. Come on Hayley, I can hear the rabbits calling for us."

"I love rabbits!" I cheered happily.

__________________________________________

 "Through the loop and tie it together..." Arissa murmured to herself as I watch her make a trap. We aren't really catching rabbits to keep them as pets, more like something to eat. It's gross, but Arissa said it's in order to survive out here. We don't have to eat poor little defenseless rabbits! We can eat like berries and vegetables, things like that!

"Done!" She declared.

"Arissa do we really have to eat them..?" I ask quietly.

"Of course we do." She replied. "Now come on, let's go spear some fish."

"But I don't like fish..." I mumbled loud enough for her to hear.

"That's why we're having rabbits too." Arissa concluded. I followed behind her and shoved my hands in my hoodie's pocket. I'm not really enjoying this, it isn't as fun as I thought it would be.

"You're like the ultimate chick." I wheezed while clambering over a fallen tree. Arissa has her shirt tied up to a crop top and her slacks rolled up to knee high shorts. "I can see... See why S.H.I.E.L.D... H-hired you!"

I can hear her smirking. "Well they didn't hire me to cook."

"How!?" I questioned. "This is unbelievable! I have a side that can tackle down the Hulk and I can't even run as fast as you!"

"Don't compare an agent that's been training for years." Arissa simply replied while helping me over a stream. I thank her quietly and follow after. "I think we're almost there."

"Yay! Gosh this is so much work." I sighed deeply. Arissa raises a dark eyebrow to me and rolls her eyes. "Hey why are you eyebrows black when you're blonde?"

"Long story."

"I'm willing to listen." I chimed tauntingly. Before she could say anything else we make it to a waterfall. In the crystal pool, I can clearly see silver trout swimming around. Almost immediately, Arissa throws the spear at an unimaginable speed.

"Well there's one." Arissa said with a wild smile. She trudged through the water and to the spear. She tugged out the spear and at the end of it is a giant trout bleeding out and into the water. "Well Hayley, you can wash up if you want. After can you gather up some berries and fruit? You don't have to catch fish."

"My pleasure!" I say while throwing off my shirt. I keep my undergarments on, don't worry, and splash into the pool. It's so refreshing, the water literally surrounds me in awesomeness.

"AHH!" I gasp while jumping out of the water. I splash my face and wrong out my brown hair. I find Arissa, glistening in water like if she's been chasing after fish. Which she has, since five dead trout lay next to the pool. She looks like a graceful wild woman, her golden hair glimmering in the sunlight.

"It's no fair!" I called with a playful mock. I come crawling back out of the water, still soaking and not really cold. "You have a perfect body shape."

"Shhh Hayley, trying to get another." Arissa hushed.

"You have a four pack."

"Shhh."

"I know you have a thing for Bruce."

"What!?" Arissa barked while throwing the weapon at the same time. It spears through three fish all at the same time.

I mischievously smile to her. "Hah! It's so obvious!"

A deep shade of red climbs up her pale neck. "Well... It's very obvious that you have a thing for Tony!"

I giggle. "I know, I'm happy everyone knows."

Arissa growls and goes back out to the spear, pulling it out with ease. "Whatever."

"I don't see how you can be embarrassed." I say while letting the wind and sun dry me off. "I mean, Bruce looks like he digs you."

"You're 41 and you have no idea how much of a teenager you sound like." Arissa grumbles to me while eyeing the pond, spear ready in hand.

"Come on, Rissa, there's nothing bad about having a relationship!" I said. I'm trying to coax her into liking my brother, since they're both loners.

"I'm 32, I'm too young for him."

"Forbidden love. That can still happen."

"We're thirteen years apart!"

"Perfeeect."

"IT CAN'T HAPPEN, HAYLEY!" Her voice booms. It's like nature has gone quiet from that sudden out burst. I keep my mouth shut because it looks scary when she's angry, her expression looks like she'll ripe your face off.

She sighs and helplessly drops the spear into the water. Arissa's eyes droop and she dips her head forward with shame. "I can't, Hayley..."

"W-why?" I actually dare to ask.

"I'm... Not who you think I am." Arissa says. She reaches up to the back of her head and suddenly whips off her own hair!? The golden is now replaced with curly sleek black, her pitch black eyebrows suddenly make sense now.

"An agent that has many covers can't have relationships. I don't think it'll work out because I'll be gone a lot. And I'm literally a different person from Arissa." Arissa - or should I even call her that, sighed.

"Then... Who are you?"

"I don't think I should tell you. It'll blow away my years work of the perfect Arissa Outani." She said while pulling the blonde wig back over her head.

"No! You look better with black hair!"

"But they'll see me as someone else! I'm not the person Bruce adores!"

I stand up to face her. "Arissa, or whatever! It doesn't matter if you have a different name, or different hair colour! People love people for their attitude and how they act. And if they love you only for your looks then screw them!"

It looks like tears are brimming her eyes, but she isn't the one to cry. "B-but... I don't want to show him me... What I've always been afraid of is people seeing who I really am..."

"Don't be!" I interject rudely. "You're beautiful and perfect in your own way! There's nothing to be ashamed of!"

"But... But what if... What if..."

"It doesn't matter who you were." I whisper to her. I reach up to Arissa's fake blonde hair, slowly pulling it down. Her raven black hair falls around her face, curtaining and making her features more pretty.

"Who you are now is better than who you were. And to tell you a secret..." I tip toe to her height and to her ear. "Bruce is the type to love you for who you were, who you will be, and especially who you are now. That's why he still loves me."

A smile that can make any heart flutter appears on her face. Her rosy cheek go up and her smile lines show. "Thank you, Hayley. You really can make anyone feel better."

"My pleasure... Uh..."

"Just keep calling me Arissa. It's easier like that."

"Alright Arissa!" I say while I skip back to my clothes. "Let's go back before I get hypothermia."

"I just hope they got a fire going." Arissa said while picking up her catch.

"Agreed!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Lava)

Hello my civilians!

This chapter was written by NekotheSpirit!

She is the most amazing author ever!

Please follow her and read her amazing books!!!!!!!!

The next update will be by me and it will be as soon as I can get it done!

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out! See you later my civilians! :D!