Incident in the Suburbs of the Capital

Start from the beginning

"What?" Chen Yu did not understand.

She explained once more, "That is to say you are pregnant. This is guaranteed."

"It can be determined like this?"

"It can." Feng Yu Heng nodded then said: "Reach your right arm over. Since you don't seem at ease, I will check your pulse."

Chen Yu quickly extended her arm over and saw Feng Yu Heng feel it for a while then let go. She repeated the words she said earlier: "Early-stage pregnancy."

Chen Yu let out a sigh filled with despair. It seemed that she would need to decide between her future and her wealth.

"Think carefully on it." Feng Yu Heng stood up, "I need to go out today. When your bank note has been retrieved, send it to the treasury of the county office. Qing Yu happens to be here today. Just hand it to her." When she finished speaking, she opened the door then left. Wang Chuan hastily entered the room and picked up a cloak for her then followed her out of the courtyard with Huang Quan.

Feng Chen Yu was left alone in the room. The thing she had just used was still on the table. It still clearly displayed two red lines. She did not know what it was, but Feng Yu Heng had told her that two lines appearing signified pregnancy. If it were only one line, then she would not be pregnant. She trusted Feng Yu Heng because the signs of pregnancy were already becoming quite apparent.

Forcefully repressing a nauseous feeling, she sat down for a little longer. Only when Yi Lin returned through the thick layer of snow, gasping for air, did she stand up. Along with Yi Lin, she went towards the treasury of Tong Sheng pavilion.

At this time, Feng Yu Heng had already reached the main road. It had snowed too heavily the day prior, so it was impossible for carriages to move along the main road. If people wanted to go out, they would need to wade through the snow. Many people were sweeping away the snow, but they were all sweeping the area before their own doors. After being swept, piles of snow were left to the side. These piles of snow caused the roads to become narrower.

The governor had sent people out to clean up the snow, but there simply was not enough manpower. In such a large capital, it was not possible for it to be completely cleaned in an instant. Moreover, there were many officials who would try to get an advantage and offer some special incentives, so practically all of the people sent out by the governor would offer their services to those families.

When they reached Hundred Herb Hall with great difficulty, they were sweating profusely on this cold day. When the people in Hundred Herb Hall saw Feng Yu Heng arrive, they quickly went to receive her. They received her cloak and said: "Boss, there are not many people who came for examination. But there were quite a few who fainted from the cold outside. Shopkeeper Wang took responsibility and brought them into the shop and is taking care of them now."

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "You have done what's right." She spoke while walking in. Passing through the outer hall, she lifted the curtain to the inner hall and saw seven or eight people lying down inside. Wang Lin was presently directing some of the store clerks to give the fainted people medical soups. With a brazier lit in that room, it was very warm.

Feng Yu Heng did not say too much and went forward to examine the sick. Of those who were sick, most were older and a few were children. At a glance, it could be seen that they lived their daily lives as beggars. The snowfall from the day before was truly catastrophic. With no place for them to hide, fainting on the street is normal.

When they saw that a girl wearing very proper clothes was personally examining them, they all felt a little embarrassed, as she was even willing to go forth and touch their dirty wrists.