Chapter 32: Stealing

Start from the beginning

I cringed, hearing the very familiar voice. I wanted to keep walking. I didn't want to turn around, but I did. Brandon was leaning against the tree, with two of his friends by his side.

Mark and Vincent came to the house often. They knew we were step siblings. No one allowed me to tell anyone, but the rest of my brothers could, except Jayden, who didn't want anything to do with me.

Brandon waved his hand, gesturing me to come. Swallowing, I walked slowly to them. Brandon got impatient and glared at me, until I reached him.

"Hey Vanna," Mark said, grinning at the nickname he gave me. I didn't like it.

"You see, we're really hungry," Vincent said with a smile that looked like a predator who just found its prey. I wouldn't say he was as scary as Brandon's, but with his intense eyes and scary smile, I'd say he's close.

"So, you see that store over there?" Brandon asked, pointing behind me. I turned my head and saw Helchin's 78. It was a small store. "Go steal something for us."

My eyes widened and I stared at him in disbelief. "W-what?"

He rolled his eyes. "Go. Steal. Something."

"Get us a pack of cigarettes," Mark said.

I was trapped. There was no way of getting out. I could just say no, right?

"If you say no, we'll beat you up," Brandon said, reading my mind.

"E-Ethan said not to s-smoke," I stammered.

Brandon smacked my head, making me flinch. "Do you think I give a shit? Go get it for us."

"I can't steal," I said, panic overwhelming me. "It's bad to steal."

"Since when were you a police? I told you, I don't give a shit. Now go steal it, or we'll beat you up."

"B-Brandon..."

I felt a sharp blow to my stomach, making me fall onto my knees. I gasped for air as I clutched my aching stomach, wincing.

Brandon sighed. "If you had done it right away, this wouldn't have happened."

I got up, ignoring the intense pain. My eyes were filled with fear as Brandon dragged me to the store. "Go."

I pushed the door with my shaking hands. I never stole anything before. I didn't want to steal. Ever. My mom would be so disappointed in me.

She was always disappointed in you. This won't make a difference.

The cashier gave me a smile as I walked past him, making me feel worse. I hated this. I hated myself. I'm not going to steal. There's no way I'm doing it.

If you don't, we'll beat you up.

Brandon's words echoed in my mind. Flashbacks of how hard Brandon hit came to me too. I either had to steal and feel terrible for the rest of my life, or end up in the hospital. Hm...

I grabbed the small pack of cigarettes and I stared at it.

No, this is wrong. You can't do this, Evanna.

I put it in my pocket.

"Hey!" The cashier yelled.

Great, I was caught. I felt relived, but scared at the same time. He glared at me as he gripped my wrist. "I saw you trying to steal it. Put it back."

"I'm sorry," I managed, fighting against his grip.

"You thief!" He yelled, making me flinch. Hard. I was terrified. My heart started racing fast and faster until I felt like it was going to explode.

He's going to hit me, I thought. If he's not, Brandon will. I wanted to cry. I hated this so much. I wanted to go home. "I'm sorry!"

"Thief!" He yelled again.

I heard the door open and Brandon came in, trying to hide his anger. I could see how angry he was. His eyes were darker, and more dangerous than normal. I could feel anger radiating off of him. He walked to us, and offered the cashier a smile.

"I apologize for my sister." Brandon gripped my shoulder, making me wince in pain when he tightened his grip. The cashier let go of my wrist, still glaring at me.

I took the cigarette out of my pocket and put it back in the shelf. Brandon tensed behind me.

  "If I catch you again, I'll call the cops!" The cashier screamed, walking away.

Brandon laughed, but there was no humor behind it. "I knew you couldn't do it."

"Brandon..."

He rolled his shoulder, cracking his neck and knuckles. "I'm gonna have a lot of fun today."

***

Hey guys!

Thank you for reading this chapter! I appreciate all the support you guys are giving me! If you liked this chapter, consider giving it a vote? Also leave some comments on suggestions or feedback because I'll be glad to read some!

If you have any ideas on what could happen, please comment!

Thanks

Vote
Comment
Share
:))