Nate shook his head, "Come on, let's get moving before this turns out into an R-rated scene."

I chuckled as he held my hand. "We heard that!" Chris yelled as we were walking away.

"They're great." I murmured absentmindedly as we reached our Math class.

Nate shrugged nonchalantly. He plopped on his desk. "What are you doing tonight?"

I turned on my seat to look at him, "I've got therapy." Hesitantly, I added, "Are you going?"

He snorted. "It's kind of fucked up that we both have therapy, isn't it?"

"Great minds think alike," I stated smugly.

"Meaning that we're both fucked up." He stressed out completely amused.

I shrugged, "So?"

His grey eyes gazed at me for a moment. "I'm going. But you'll have to wait for me studying Math; because let's be honest, you're this close" he pinched his fingers together, "to fail. And it's our only class together, so you can't fail."

I blushed, "I'd been too absorbed in other things."

His eyes narrowed. He leaned closer to me as my heart started to race. "What other things?"

"None of your business, Rivers." I brushed him off. I turned to the front suppressing a smile. The teacher walked inside and started the class. Before I started to copy everything, Anne waved at me while shaking her head. My cheeks flushed as I started to scribble away.

Nate was right. I had no clue what we'd been learning over the last two weeks. In my defense, it had been his fault. As Math finished, I had a major headache.

Why on earth was I considered for advanced Math in the first place?

I had no idea what the teacher had tried to explain. Brooding, I walked out with a frown etched on my forehead.

"Easy, huh?" Nate mocked me as we walked through the hallway. I glared at him. He smiled in response, "I'll walk you through it tonight, ok?"

"Yeah," I sulked.

He stopped to kiss me lightly on the lips. "I'll see you at lunch, right?"

"Obviously" I said in my duh tone of voice. He chuckled and walked away.

English was a hassle since everyone started to talk about their summer and all. You could hear the classroom's chat from hallway.

Farah was waiting for me at the door beaming. "This is so awesome! We can double date!" she hitched her glasses up her nose, "and maybe we could work something out between Jay and Anne. They'd make a cute couple, too!"

I rolled my eyes. "You know, I used the cupid term sarcastically."

Her blue eyes sparkled excitedly, "just think about it! It would be so much fun!"

We dropped our schoolbags on our desks. "I think you shouldn't push it, Farah."

Pouting, she shook her head, "you're no fun."

Smiling, I glanced around the classroom. My eyes stopped at Marissa, who was looking at us with resentment. When our eyes locked, she looked away.

What if she was going through something hard as well? I never thought of her as someone with low self-esteem. However, when people looked down at others meant that they didn't think highly on themselves. I didn't know her. Not even after all the time we shared. Just as she didn't know me either. We were both guilty of being indifferent towards one another.