Eleven

Chapter's song: Ariana Grande - thank u, next

The morning's cool air nipped my skin as I leaned on my knees trying to regain my breath. My cheeks were flushed as I took a moment to admire the usual scenery. I couldn't stop thinking about him. And the way he made me feel every time our skin made contact or the unusual butterflies I felt as he had grabbed my hand. Passing a hand across my face completely discouraged, I sprinted towards my house.

I liked Nathan. A lot, actually. It was unnerving, to say the least.

It was the first time I felt like this for anyone. Sure, I'd had crushes and I liked boys.

Just not like this.

Never like this.

When I was playing around with Tom, well there had been something, all right. I mean, the guy was cute, so I'd been attracted to him enough to kiss him. Several times. But even if that felt good, it never felt like this. And he had just held my hand!

I shouldn't feel like this for him. I mean, I barely knew the guy.

Nathan had always been the lonely kind. Other than Jay or Chris, he didn't have any other friends. I'd never heard him having a girlfriend or such. He was always such a mystery.

So, how could I feel like this? Completely annoyed at myself, I walked inside my house sulking. Dad was leaning on the stair's rail with his arms crossed on his chest.

He didn't look happy. Shit.

Nate had gotten me home after midnight. I had texted Dad that I'd be late. But I guess we were pretty late since he'd been asleep when I got home.

Heaving a sigh, I rubbed the back of my neck. "I'm sorry, Dad."

"You were really late, Cassandra." I grimaced. He never called me on my full name. Only when he was really mad at me or something. Like right now.

"Where were you last night?"

Stammering, I scrunched my nose. "We had dinner and lost track of time?" my voice tone was higher as I grimaced.

"Who were you with? That Nathan guy?" I bit my lip and nodded. "Didn't I tell you that I wanted to meet him?"

"It was pretty late. He didn't even leave his car. He just dropped me off."

Dad's blue eyes narrowed. "He did. He opened the door for you, didn't he?" I blinked at him with my mouth open. I hadn't noticed that he was still awake when we got home last night. As if he was reading my mind, he pressed on, "My daughter was out with who knows who. I had to make sure that you got home in one piece."

I didn't know what to say to that, so I simply apologized again, "Sorry, Dad."

"You're inviting him for dinner tonight."