"What? No." My eyes widened in panic. "I'm sure he has things to do. I can't just tell him that he has to come here tonight." I gestured with my hands, "It's not polite."

"That's not my problem" he walked to the kitchen as I followed him panicking.

"When you invite someone over, you have to ask first!" I exclaimed appalled.

Dad started to rummage through the fridge taking out ham, cheese and bread. "You should have thought about it before you went out with him." He peeked his head out before resuming his search.

"We're not dating!" I said aghast as I grabbed the bread out of one of the cabinets and placed it on the table.

"Thanks" he smiled before closing the fridge's door. I took out two plates as Dad started to make our breakfast.

"Dad."

Pointing at me with a knife full of mayonnaise, he stated "you like him." What the hell?

I gaped at him. Dad smiled triumphantly, "while you figure it out" he continued making the sandwiches, "I want to meet the guy that seems to be with my daughter all the time, ok?" I rolled my eyes and huffed while crossing my arms. "If he had time for you yesterday, I'm sure he'll have time today" his blue eyes watched me sternly. He placed the finished sandwich on my plate and slid it towards me. "Now, eat up, kiddo."

Scowling, I slumped on my chair and had breakfast while Dad smirked.

After washing the dishes, I ran upstairs and took the fastest shower. Arguing with Dad had made me late for school. And now I was stressing about inviting Nathan over but more importantly, was I that obvious?

Even my father noticed that I had feelings for him! Did Nathan know?

How was I supposed to ask him to come over tonight? Without being so obvious, of course.

Grabbing a pair of washed denim jeans and a green t-shirt, I dressed up quickly. I braided my hair before putting on my shoes and a white hoodie. As I locked the front door, Dad's beeping horn made me jump.

"Come on! Climb in!" he hurried me as I rolled my eyes. What was going on with Dad today?

He drove to school smirking all the way as I sulked beside him. We got to school on time and before I stepped out of the car, he reminded me to tell Nathan about dinner tonight. Cringing, I sighed as I closed his door and waved at him.

Walking to my locker, I kept thinking about it. How obvious was I?

The worst part was that I had Math first thing in the morning. So that meant that I was bound to see him in a few minutes.

My heart fluttered. Oh, for Christ's sake! I really wanted to slap myself.

Math's classroom was almost empty as I walked in. I breathed out exhausted already. Reaching my seat, I slumped on my chair and laid on my desk as I stared out the window. Someone entered the room and my head snapped towards the noise while my heart started to race. Anne walked inside the room as I breathed out relieved. Her steps faltered as she saw me. She left her backpack on her desk and slowly approached me.

I sat up as she took a seat in front of me. Her green eyes gazed at me for a moment before she turned to the side. She seemed apprehensive. Her right hand was playing with the hem of her grey sweater.

"Anne?"

She sighed. "I'm sorry, too." She turned to look at me and her eyes seemed troubled. "It was easier to feel like a victim when I pulled apart too."