Talk about a lousy friend.

"Well, look's who's here!" A girl with a bright purple blouse stood before me. I knew that voice. Marissa had been too loud so everyone would watch our interaction. Annoyed at her attitude, I looked up to her as she towered over my desk.

She was pretty and was well aware of it. Her chocolate eyes casted down at me, defying and cold. "Hi Cassie, it's been a while. I didn't know you were already back" she leaned into my desk with a fake smile and a sickly sweet tone of voice.

"Hi Marissa," I plastered a forged smile her way. Trying to be polite, I introduced my friend who was clearly gaping at her. "Have you met Farah? she's from Colorado."

Marissa ignored Farah as she swirled one string of hair on her fingers, "I'm sure you've heard about Tom and me."

"Yes" my eyes switched to Meredith for a second. She was right behind Marissa. Her eyes widened in panic and she looked to the side. "Good for you."

Marissa's eyes twitched. "He's mine, Cassandra." Her voice sounded resentful and I was taken aback at the fact that she probably liked him a while ago but I never noticed. I probably hurt her whenever Tom and I kissed. A pang of guilt played in my chest. The worst part being that I really didn't care about him.

Biting my lip, I tried to sound as honest as I felt, "I am happy for you. Tom's a nice guy."

She narrowed her eyes. "He is. And he's not interested in you." Her eyes looked pointedly at me. "And you look like crap, by the way." Well, at least she was being honest.

"Hey!" Farah protested when the teacher came inside the room. Marissa went her way not before glaring at me with loath and hatred.

I swallowed hard. No wonder she wasn't my real friend. I never noticed she was into Tom. The thought you never actually cared popped in my head. I had been the worst friend as well.

"She's such a bitch," Farah muttered angrily before adjusting her glasses.

Guilt washed over me as I looked to the front. "She's right, Farah."

"No, she's not." Her blue eyes turned my way.

Sighing, I shook my head. "You don't really know me, do you?" My stomach plummeted to the floor as soon as the words left my mouth. Grimacing, I turned to look at my only friend. Her eyes were sad and hurt at the same time. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that," I whispered in a soft tone as the teacher was already starting the class.

Farah turned to her notebook as I bit my lip. Stupid, stupid Cassie.

At the end of the class, I hurriedly gathered my things and tried to follow after Farah who had left as soon as the bell rang. I wanted to apologize to her. I was such a moron. Luckily, she wasn't hard to find since she was actually waiting for me next to the door.

"I'm sorry" I blurted out as soon as my eyes landed on her.

Her hand's grip on her books tightened. "You should be. That was mean."

Breathing out, I nodded. "I told you, I'm not a good friend."

A small smile crossed her features. "You are Cassie. You feel bad and you just apologized." A mischievous glint played in her eyes, "and since you're feeling so bad, you are going to come with me and stalk my future boyfriend."

Groaning, I sulked. "Yeah, okay. Whatever." She chuckled at me. But a though popped into my head. Could it be Nathan Rivers? Dreading the answer, we stepped through the hallways in deep silence.

For starters, I shouldn't be dreading the answer since he was such a weirdo. But at the same time, it felt nice to know another side of him. One that he didn't used to show. It made me feel special in a way. Which was totally not important. Ugh.