Chapter 11

The train ride to Calamari County certainly would not, and would never be, the highlight of any trip to her parents home. No matter the weather or time of day, there was this one fish that would stink out the whole bus with his fish-sweat and the jellyfish that took the afternoon train obviously had never heard of 'personal space'. (Y/N) would often find herself sitting, squished in the corner against an obnoxious squid or standing for the whole ride as jellyfish had spread themselves over the seats.

Her suitcase sat on her lap, jumping whenever the train would jolt, she stared out of the window into darkness. She had left her apartment to board the train at a pleasant 4am in the morning and was struggling to keep her eyes open, despite the aid of a double-shot espresso.

Once she had (thankfully) left the train and walked to her childhood home, (Y/N) let out a sigh of relief. She never was one for too much travel- it probably came from the fact that she had only lived on one home throughout her entire childhood. Her parents welcomed their weary traveller of a daughter with open arms, and guess what the first family meal was? Tea. This time, with an extra spoonful of sugar.

By the time the third week's end was dawning on the family, (Y/N) had relived almost every part of her childhood town. From the old arcade where she played the first-ever versions of squidjump, to the wretched coffee table that she managed to stub her toe on. Every. Time. It was a wonder her parents had kept the item, but she guessed that they didn't have the heart to throw it out. The bikini Aloha and Bamboo had helped her choose was put into good use, as she went to the shore almost every day she spent there. As a young squiddo, her favourite place was on the pier: where the wind would ruffle her tentacles and the salty air would spray across the deck. Her dad used to take her fishing here, but the only thing she ever caught was the seaweed that floated just beneath the surface.

It was a great escape for (Y/N), but she was well spent by the time she had to board the train, again.

*BANG BANG BANG*

"WAKEY WAKEY!" (Y/N) groggily opened her eyes to see Bobble-Hat beating a wooden spoon against a pan. There wasn't a single reason that (Y/N) could recall to justify the rather rude awakening.

"Please stopppp," She groaned, pulling her duvet over her head. "You don't want grumpy (Y/N), do you? Not on my first day back? Just let me sleep..."

"NO CAN DO PAL! WE HAVE A LUNCH DATE WITH MY TEAM!" Bobble screeched, dropping the kitchen utensils to the carpet.

"..." (Y/N) sat up and rubbed her eyes, "If I get up, will you stop screaming?" Bobble nodded her head excitedly. She was looking forward to the banter between Goggles and (Y/N); it was always entertaining.

Quickly brushing her fangs under the watchful Bobble, (Y/N) got ready for the day, or potential nightmare if Goggles was involved.

"Iy hrope yrour nrot ghoing toh starht sromethin' like lrast trime," (Y/N) spat out the toothpaste into the sink, "Poor Goggles couldn't keep up with the pun meister."

Bobble only threw back her head and laughed in response. She'd probably start the pun war again.

The pair walked to the square and met with team Blue at 10am (Actually 10.14, (Y/N) had left something back at her apartment but only realised once they were halfway to the square) and sat down at a table, basking in the sun. There wasn't a cloud to shroud the sun, so it was blazing almost as hot as the oil Crusty Sean deep-fries everything in.

"Heya Bobble and (Y/N)! Ready for a pun-rematch?!" Goggles practically yelled whilst leaning over, bursting (Y/N)'s personal bubble by miles.