Chapter 1

Key:
(Y/N) = Your name
(L/N) = Last name
(I/C) = Ink colour
(E/C) = Eye colour
(H/G) = Head gear
(S/G) = Shirt gear
(F/G) = Foot gear
(F/W) = Favourite weapon

There wasn't much that (Y/N) didn't trip over.
People, cracks in the pavement, grass, pets, even her own two feet. She would always be seen with scrapes littering her knees, shins, and elbows. At this point in her life, she had probably practised more first aid on herself than full-time nurses on their patients.

But despite her clumsiness, she always had some sort of smile on her face, be it a dazzling grin or a small quirk of the lips. Even after a fall, she would always find something about the situation to laugh about.

That was another feature of (Y/N), she was undeniably funny, yet at the same time, sweeter than a sugar cube. Her friends loved this about her- the way she could always cheer them up after a rough day.

Occasionally, (Y/N) would need some time away from her rather large social group and in these times she'd escape. Either into nature, for a very long and scenic walk, or into one of her many books. Not many cephalopods would have guessed an inkling this sociable would have an introverted side, but those who knew her well always let her leave if she needed to take a breath and escape.

This was one one of those times.

"See ya" (Y/N) gave Bobble-hat a sympathetic smile,

"I'm sorry, I just really need to get out. Let's make plans for tomorrow! If I don't text you tonight, I'll eat my (F/G)!" (Y/N) called as she rolled away on her longboard, headed to the pier. Right now, she could really do with some ocean air.

Another thing about (Y/N):
She loved to longboard.
She found something distinctly exhilarating about riding a longboard, be it the wind whipping through her (I/C) tentacles, or all of the views she could get to much faster than walking. It was almost as natural for her to longboard as it was to turn into a squid.

As she 'surfed' through the streets of Inkopolis, her mind lulled lazily over poetic thoughts and possible jokes. 'What do you call a band of whales? An orcastra! ...Hmm, too corny.'
Her pace quickened through the down-hill suburbs, (Y/N) turning into a blur of (I/C).

Suddenly, she realised too late that an inkling coming towards her is too engrossed in his inkphone to get out of the way before she was smacking into him. A mess of pink and (I/C) tumbled to the sandy concrete.

"I am so sorry! Are you okay?" Her smile lost, turning into furrowed eyebrows and genuine concern.

The boy coughed and looked up and down at their predicament. Their legs tangled, and (Y/N) lying rather uncomfortably across his body.

"Oh, right," She jumped up, embarrassed, and outstretched her hand. Gladly accepting, the inkling boy clasped onto her arm and pulled himself up.

"I'm fine, and, I should be the one who's sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." He picked up his undamaged inkphone from the gritty pavement and offered a smile which was gladly returned. "Thanks for the concern anyway, cutie."

Opening her mouth, (Y/N) paused.

Closing her mouth, she looked down, deep in thought but lost for words, effectively looking like a gaping fish.

"I'd usually say something funny right now but at the moment I can't seem to think of anything." She said, a goofy smile spreading across her face like fire.

Chuckling, the inkling winked and said a short:
"Well, see you around beautiful!"
Before turning on his heels and continuing down the street.

Only as he's out of sight, (Y/N) realises...

"Wait! I forgot to ask his name!"