Chapter 9

A good book can take you to another dream. It can pluck your mind from this reality and into the next, an immersive experience within your imagination.

An escape.

And as (Y/N) lost herself into the world of her book, her mind temporarily cleared of her confusion and worries (it also probably had something to do with the tea). Letting out a big stretch followed by a yawn, the inkling shifted her gaze from the book in her hands and to the clock on her bedside.

4.28 AM

'Dang, I guess time flies when you're reading a book,' (Y/N) rubbed her eyes whilst she settled her book onto the pile beside her bed, before leaning over to switch off her lamp.
Streams of moonlight slipped through cracks in the curtain-

"What we thought were stars were just the cracks in someone else's curtain," She pondered, getting up from her bed and opening the curtains, letting the hazy glow of moonlight flood the room. "Wait that's not half bad; better write it down,"

The inkling grabbed a drawing pad from her nightstand and leaned against the window, scrawling the line of sudden poetry. Her drawing pads and notepaper were covered in half-legible pieces and random lines, be they funny puns or poetic philosophy. If one was to randomly pick up and read a single page covered in these spur-of-the-moment writings, they probably wouldn't be able to decipher the handwriting, context, content, or anything really so that's why (Y/N) never showed anyone her midnight writings.

And, they might steal her jokes, even though most of the time they were dryer than the author of this books' soul.

(Timeskip bc lazy author. 1 DAY)

Aloha's P.O.V. (1st person)

I can't believe it's morning already! I swear, I went to sleep like five minutes ago. Everyone else is up: probably getting ready for the day. I can hear them bustling through the halls, and I'm pretty sure that the shower is running? Oh, yea! The party's today! I should probably get ready too, (Y/N)'s going to be here tonight.

"HEY ALOHA! GET UP AND HELP ME CHOOSE MY SHIRT!" Snorkel hollered through the house at me. I rolled out of bed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes before going to help my friend.

"Dude! Why didn't you wake me up? We need to get started on party-prepping!" I threw his door open and his room was SUPER messy; more so than it usually is. His closet doors hung open, and clothes were strewn about the room. "Okay, you do need help."

I picked through the clothes on his floor and wardrobe as Snorkel sat on his bed: shirtless and defeated.

"Just use this one- you look fresh in it." I tossed him his Octo Aloha shirt.

As I was walking out of the room a sudden realisation occurred to me- WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY PUNCH!

3rd person P.O.V.

Aloha and his gang were known to throw the wildest and best parties in all of inkopolis; almost more known than Aloha being part of the S4. It was their speciality. (Y/N) had heard these rumours all before, but wasn't sure how good the party was actually going to be.

She had decided to wear her favourite pair of (F/G), a carrot long cuff sweater and (H/G).

As (Y/N) approached the house on her longboard, she immediately could tell from the rave lights and the cephalopods hanging from balconies that the rumours were true. Cold air of the evening nipped at her (I/C) nose, but as she approached the door she could already feel the heat coming from inside. A wave of hot air rushed at her as soon as the inkling wearing a gas mask opened the door.