Won't Be Gone Too Long

"Yes, just a second Cole," Lisa answered checking around once more, to collect anything left. She zipped the bad close before putting it back on the floor. 

" What? Where are you going, Lisa? And what the fuck are you doing here?" Ian screamed pointing his finger at Cole. 

"I came- "

"Cole please, take my bag down and wait for me in the hall. I will be out in a while." She answered interrupting him, pushing her bag towards him. Cole stood unsure what to do for which she passed him a light smile and nodded his way. 

"I am leaving; I am going home" she finally whispered after Cole left with the bag along. 

"Listen, Lisa, I know you are upset and hurt but if you want to go home, come with me, please. I will leave you there promise. You don't have to talk to me until you are ready but just let me get you home safely." He pleaded to place his hands on her shoulder, his eyes soothing and comforting. 

"No." 

"What?" He looked confused as he moved back a little letting his hands fall from her shoulder.

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean I don't want to take me to the place you call home. From now on your house is not my home. I will be going straight back to my place, where there is nothing related to you. You just wanted me for the company, right? Guess what? I won't let you have that so easily. I will fight you. I will fight every day, until the next two years but after that is over, there will be nothing concerning you and me. Whatever it was is now over. The deal was a contract, right? Then I would it let it be. So from now on, Mr. Ian William Arthur stay the fuck away from me." She concluded jabbing her fingers on his chest before taking a step back and moving toward the door. 

"And you think your father will have you back?" She stopped at the very step before turning back and gazing at him. 

"I know how your father treats you, Lisa. Do you really think he will have you back? You don't have a choice, Lisa. I know what I did was wrong but I can't allow you to stay away from me. You can take your time, but remember that I will come back. I would come back for you and this time there will be no contract. I promise." He finished walking slowly towards the clearly shocked and surprised Lisa, before leaning forward and placing a light kiss on her forehead. 

"Enjoy your holiday love. I won't be gone too long." He whispered in her ear before tugging a stray flick of hair away from her face. She immediately stepped back, giving him one last look and running towards the hall, where Cole was waiting for him. 

'He didn't have the right to say all this. He doesn't!!' She yelled at herself placing herself in an empty elevator. The tears continued running down her cheeks, as she recalled his conversation again and again. She shouldn't have been so naïve. 

"Hey, I thought you were going to take more time," Cole said moving his gaze from his phone to Lisa as she came forward to take in her bag. 

"No, it was a quick goodbye." She whispered gesturing towards the exit of the hotel, walking towards the cab with him following her. 

"Goodbye huh? Doesn't it sound so dramatic?" He grinned at his own joke. 

"Life is a huge ass drama, Cole." She answered placing the bags in the cab with his help. 

"It is. But don't you think it will be all boring without that." He argued shrugging placing himself on the car seat. 

"Not everybody wants action. Some just want peace and calmness" she stated calmly looking outside through the window, not waiting for his reply or the conversation to continue. 

The only question was, will her father accept her back?

****

"Oh god, Lisa! It's been so long darling" Elena whispered hugging Lisa tightly. 

"It is Elena." She simply answered hugging her back, trying to find the comfort she has been missing. 

"Oh dear!" She spoke moving back a little looking at her once. "You are even more beautiful than the last time, I saw you" she giggled pulling her inside the house. 

"You just saw me a month back Elena" she started taking in hand of the cup of water.

"A month is long enough. It's not my mistake you don't remember me anymore. But I guess Ian is keeping all your attention so I won't say much." She giggled shrugging her shoulder. She paused at the mention of his name. She didn't think what she will be explaining to her. 

"Ian... I-" she stuttered looking at Elena. Her face was filled with concern and care; she couldn't do that to her. "Yeah, I guess he is" she lied taking a big gulp of her drink. 

"That's great! Why isn't he here with you then? And why were you crying when you called?"

"Ian has some business deal to take care back in Paris. He was busy and I was getting bored. And then I got homesick, after seeing the museum mom talked about every day so I just called you and then Ian told me to visit you until he is back." She made up the answer instantly. She understood how many loopholes the story had, but Elena knew how much she missed her mom. So she won't question her on that. 

"Oh, well then you did the right thing. I am glad to see you happy Lisa." She whispered placing a hand on her head and placing a motherly kiss on her temple. Lisa just nodded and faked a smile at her because opening her mouth would mean crying her every problem out and that was the last thing she wanted to do. 

"You should take some rest darling, you had a long flight. I will start with dinner preparations." She muttered passing her hand over her head once more before walking towards the kitchen. She stood up from the couch on the intention of going and lying on the bed but before she could move a step forward a voice interrupted her from the door. 

"Why are you here?"