Beaten

Peter traced the antidote's path with his eyes, but Not-Peter was keeping him from leaping after it. It made a long arc through the air, and landed in the outstretched palm of-

The Black Widow. She had run across the room and caught it with her own hands, giving Tony time to unravel from the webs that Not-Peter had shot at him. She tossed it to him now, a move which neither Peter nor Not-Peter had seen coming. His mouth fell open. Natasha grinned and winked at him, and Swivilla let out a horrible scream.

"You! You said-!" Her finger was raised, pointing at Nat, her entire body shaking with anger.

"You trusted too blindly in your anger," Natasha said coldly. "You really thought I could work for you, I, who is a known member of the Avengers, who is a spy? You thought I could work for someone who bends people to their will to take revenge in one person who didn't even do anything?"

"But.." Swivilla was actually trembling now, "But..."

"It's over, Elena," Nat said quietly. Peter wondered briefly who Elena was, until he realized that Swivilla could hardly be her real name.

"No it's not," it wasn't Swiv-Elena's voice. It was a strange voice, coming from the side of the room. There was a woman there, standing alongside a similarly aged man.

"But Fiona!" Mr. Stark pleaded, "Drien. Please."

Peter stared uncomprehendingly as the scene unfolded. Drien seemed to hesitate, and Mr. Stark's expression became hopeful, and he paused. 

It cost him. Faster than Not-Peter could register, both Swi-Elena and Fiona made for the serum. They collided beneath him, but in a desperate attempt to fly straight up, the injection fell from his hand.

It lay on the ground, and though Peter screamed at his muscles to move, Not-Peter was stronger. Both Sw- Elena and Fiona were recovering from the impact with each other. Mr Stark, frantically swooped down, but with such a huge suit, he couldn't move as gracefully as he wished. Peter heard him desperately telling FRIDAY to locate it, but either she couldn't through the melee, or S-Elena had jammed the signals. 

Drien tried to exchange a look with Natasha, as though they were in a fight, but Nat, who had learned to use every second at her disposal, had already dived for the serum. Tony was there first, scooping it up in his bulky hands.

"Peter!" He yelled. He zoomed down towards him, but Not-Peter finally moved - away from Iron Man. Peter tried to slow him down but he was just so tired and Not-Peter was flinging webs this way and that and swinging out of danger.

Peter forced an, "I'm sorry!" Out of his mouth, leaving him exhausted. He decided to preserve energy for trying to slow Not-Peter down. Elena and Fiona were racing after them, right after Natasha who was catching up, but they were on the ground and the fight was in the air. 

"Nat!!" Tony called desperately. She knew immediately what he was saying and ran up on the wall, backflipping through the air just as Tony tossed the serum to her, landing in a crouch on the floor, vaccine in her outstretched hand. She sprinted after Peter, but Not-Peter was faster, and she threw it back up to Mr. Stark and-

A hand caught it midair. Drien. He looked torn and scared.

"Drien, please," Tony's voice cracked. Drien froze.

"Drieeeeen," Elena cooed, "I pay you."

"Drien!!" Fiona shouted, "Come on, ya big lump!! Give it to me."

"Give it to Peter," Tony's voice broke the tension. "Let's see who's stronger."

Peter was momentarily paralyzed. Him choose? He was barely strong enough to say his own words! The injection was flying through the air towards them, almost in slow motion. Peter was still frozen. Then Mr. Stark panned his helmet up, and their eyes met.

It was Peter who saw Tony's eyes filled with complete trust and complete love, Peter who dove for the serum, Peter who caught the injection, and Peter who slammed it into his neck, pushing the antidote into his veins.

Peter passed out seconds later, but he knew that he was going to be okay.