Messages

"She has done it," Swivilla announced, "She has won Stark over."

Peter mentally shivered, but Not-Peter broke out into a grin.

"Lovely, Miss, everything is back on track," Not-Peter said. Swivilla nodded, then waved her hand dismissively. Not-Peter walked out of the room, heading towards his sleeping quarters. Peter knew, instinctively, that the only way to save Tony now was to warn him. Tony trusted and loved and cared too much to realize that Pepper wasn't real. Peter also knew that the effort of fighting with the thing in control of his body had the power to kill him. But Mr. Stark is going to die. 

Listen to me, Peter thought, and his body froze as Not-Peter heard Peter's voice.
We are going to warn Tony.

Peter focused on his feet, pushing them in the direction opposite of where Not-Peter wanted to go. He felt like his foot was being dragged through spikes covered in poison, but he struggled onward. Two steps took eternity, and Peter could barely feel anything but pain. He pushed himself down the hallway, feeling like his skin was being pulled of his body with a burning rod of metal. He reached the room he knew Swivilla used for calls. He tapped the door, that taking more effort than any walking had done. He could feel Not-Peter fighting him, but Peter had something to fight for and he sure as hell wasn't going to give up. 

Inside the room, an entire wall was covered with contacts of various people, some larger than others. Thankfully, Tony Stark made up the entire center, a giant among the other numbers. Peter fell on top of the number, too tired to actually lift his hand and press it. Now bright light made his head feel like it was about to implode and tiny black spots started dancing across his vision. There was too much pain to think, and Peter couldn't even tell if Tony was on the other end of the line.

"We're not real," was all Peter could manage to say before he fell to his knees. He vomited on the floor, his entire body feeling like it was dunked in acid. He shook, not strong enough to hold himself upright, then fell to the ground with a clatter, his head landing in the throw up.
From far away, he heard Mr. Stark's voice.

"Peter? Peter, come back to me! Peter, tell me you're okay!"

Peter tried to say, I'm okay, but shards of glass were impaling him, he was sure, and his throat was closing and he couldn't breath and -

Peter fell unconscious, blackness covering all the pain in a blanket of ignorance.

Family is More Than BloodOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara