Communciation

Hey guys! Sorry this update is so late, but school just started and I've been finding my feet. Also - there's a Sherlock reference in here and if anyone can spot it then you get the next chapter on Saturday (I'm going to be updating on Sundays from now on). Hope you enjoy!

Peter watched as Not-Peter lazily entered the room. Not-Pepper was watching him reproachfully, as though he was doing it to specifically annoy her. Peter remembered (with a grin on the inside) that even real Pepper hated people being late. 

"We have a problem," Not-Pepper admitted, turning to face a third person in the room. From the way Not-Peter bent into an awkward bow, Peter guessed that it was Swivilla, though neither of them had ever seen her before.

Swivilla was small and she looked very cat like. She was curled into her pod chair, her silky brown hair falling over her face, obscuring her eyes. Peter could only tell that she was glancing back and forth around the room, never quite still.

"Tell me, then," was all she said, and her words were smooth and confident.

"Tony Stark... apprehended our two spies," Not-Pepper said slowly, as though she didn't want to say it at all.

"Ah, well," Swivilla didn't seem to care, "Hopefully they told him where we are located?"

"They did," Not-Pepper said reluctantly.

"Then what," Swivilla asked with a completely fake smile, "Is the problem?"

"They told him the rest of the plan as well," Not-Pepper looked like she was trying to force the words out of her mouth. 

Swivilla froze, then looked carefully at Not-Pepper.

"If you are lying to me to try to get me to not trust them, I will skin you," Swivilla paused, "Then make you into shoes."

"I'm not lying," Not-Pepper said eagerly, "Do you wish to see the video footage?" 

Swivilla's shriek was quick and startling. "NO!"

Not-Pepper cowered, and Peter fought Not-Peter to not do the same. 

"You will find Tony Stark, Ms. Potts, and you will murder him," Swivilla seethed. Not-Pepper nodded quickly and reassuringly.

"Good," Swivilla took a deep (calming?) breath. "He does not know that you are under my influence yet, I hope?"

"The traitors have not told him," Not-Pepper spat.

"Then he will trust you until the final moment," Swivilla grinned maliciously, "You will kill him."

"Of course," Not-Pepper said without a moment's pause.

I have to figure out how to warn him, Peter thought desperately, and fast.