Antidote

"I've got it," Bruce announced, holding up a needle. "Tony, how're you doing?"

"Better now that you have an antidote." 

Late the night before, Tony had called Bruce in, begging him to help him. Unsurprisingly, Bruce had immediately agreed. He had only arrived a few hours ago, but with Fake Pepper already unconscious and ready to be studied it was child's play for the two geniuses.

"It works?" May asked anxiously. Bruce was still eyeing Tony suspiciously, so he plucked the syringe from Bruce's hand.

"Let's try it on Pep and see," he said, trying to keep his voice light. Bruce was far more perceptive than May, at least about Tony.

He injected a quick dose of the antidote, which seemed to be an anti-sedative as well. Pepper (or Fake Pepper?) stirred after a few moments, waking up with a groan. She looked around blearily, confused.

"Tony?" she asked, whipping her head around till she caught sight of him, "Is she gone?"

"You... you remember?" Tony asked, his heart breaking and healing at the same time. He untied her and she grabbed him into a fierce hug.

"We'll be okay," she assured him. He fought back tears and nodded gratefully. "And Peter's going to be okay. Swivilla is using him to get to you."

"Swivilla?" Bruce asked curiously. Pepper explained the whole situation.

"When she injects you, your personality isn't taken over, it's just repressed," Pepper said, "Which is why Peter was able to fight it."

"So Tony can't go, or he might be injected" Bruce said thoughtfully.

"Screw that, I'll just avoid swivelly-chair," Tony scoffed, "Its my fault Peter is there in the first place."

"Listen, Tony, you have to be careful."

A rush of affection for Pepper flooded through him and he crushed her to his side once more. She hadn't even considered telling him no as she might once have done. She knew that there was no point, but she still warned him.

"Why does she want to bring Tony down?" Bruce asked.

"She grew up extremely clever in an abusive household," Pepper sighed in a sympathetic way, "So did Tony, somewhat. Look at where he is, and where she is. For some twisted reason she blames him for her not making it big. She thinks he lied about how his parents were for pity."

Tony let out a cold, mirthless laugh, "So she decided to capture a child? Really strengthening her case, isn't she?"

Pepper glanced at him. She knew that he wasn't okay, but he had to hold on just until Peter was safe.

"Pep, where is Peter?" He asked, "I'm gonna go in, administer the antidote, and get him out. Then we can deal with Swivilla."

"You think it's going to be that easy?" May demanded.

"Something will undoubtedly go wrong," Pepper put her hand on Tony's shoulder, "Don't be rash."

"I'm not being rash," Tony clenched his fists, "I'm saving my kid."

Pepper removed her hand, "I know. Just - don't forget that you're important, too."

For the first time in his life, Tony didn't have anything to say.