Wet Decorations- (ch. 18)

(Read note at end!)

~

Todoroki's birthday was just around the corner. It's been a while since anything major has happened between the students. Everyone continued to train, learn, deal with villains, etc. Todoroki and Momo have been awkward for all this time though. Momo's feelings have grown stronger for him, and nobody really knows how he feels back. He's very confusing and special in a sense.

~
"Today will be somewhat of an easy day on you all." Eraser-Head said to the class.
Everyone was relived, finally wanting to catch a break.
"I'll randomly break you all up into partners, and you'll just have to research about a villain I will assign you all. That's why you'll be paired." He informed.
He started pairing people.
"Please... Anybody but Todoroki..." Momo begged in her head.
"Momo and Todoroki." Eraser-Head said, shortly after.
Momo awkwardly looked over at him.

She slowly sat down next to him, in an awkward position that made her feel like she looked her best. She was also scrunched up, trying not to be too close.

Todoroki knows her too well.

~

Denki has also been acting strange for a few weeks now. He's been very distant and emotional with everyone, including Kirishima. Denki has discussed his feelings to Kirishima, and of course he is fully supportive and understands Denki needs his space.

~
Denki rushed passed a worried Kirishima.
"Denki please!" Kirishima chased after.
"W-what..?" Denki seemed annoyed.
"Why are you so upset with me?" Kirishima asked, but couldn't look at Denki's hidden face.
"I-it's nothing!" Denki wanted to continue his path.
Kirishima grabbed Denki's cheeks with both his hands on each side.
Denki now looked at him.
"What's wrong." Kirishima asked firmly.
Denki broke out of the hands blushing.
"I don't know... I just need some space. I just don't know..." Denki said, honestly.
"That's all you had to say." Kirishima whispered.
Denki looked up at his smile.
"I'm here for you. We don't have to do anything or hang out all the time." Kirishima added.
Denki let off a small smile.
Kirishima started to walk away, of course not touching his lover, giving him space.

It kinda made Denki sad that Kirishima wasn't being clingy, but Denki was Kirishima's everything, so of course he would listen.

~

But Midoriya and Bakugo have been perfectly fine. They had intercourse every now and then, talked, hung out, and overall had a healthy relationships. Well... A few arguments here and there. It was Bakugo after all.

Kirishima walked sluggishly out of the classroom.
"I'm sure Denki will be better in no time." Midoriya said lifting Kirishima.
Kirishima noticed how sad he looked, and quickly changed posture.
"W-what do you mean..?" Kirishima tried to hide it.
Midoriya let it go.
"Anyways... Do you want to help me out with something fun?" Midoriya asked,
Kirishima's eyes lightened up.
"Hell yeah!" He replied, excitedly.
"Help me get stuff for Todoroki's surprise party." Midoriya explained.

Kirishima gave off a look.
Midoriya gave off a confused look right after.
"He's pretty sketchy, is all I'm saying." Kirishima said.
"Trust me, it's all good." Midoriya insured.
Kirishima shrugged it off.
"Okay... What stuff?" Kirishima asked about the party.
"Food and decorations." Midoriya answered.

The two discussed even more, and soon went out to get supplies.
Bakugo and Denki noticed how busy the two were, and it made Denki anxious.
Midoriya already talked to Bakugo about the surprise party, but Kirishima just joined on it, plus him and Denki haven't been talking.

The next day in class, Denki was sitting was seated, tired nowadays. His head was resting on the palm of his hand, but he quickly got distracted by whispers. He looked over to see Midoriya and Kirishima whispering about something. He felt weak.

Denki followed Midoriya out of the room.
"Hey, Denki." Midoriya greeted, smiling.
"So what have you and Kirishima been talking about?" Denki said, not even giving time in the conversation.
Midoriya shrugged, not knowing how to reply.
"What we have to do." Midoriya replied, thinking Denki already knew about the party, so Midoriya didn't have to be detailed.
Denki gave a shocked face, but Midoriya didn't seem to notice, they were walking after all.
Midoriya found Bakugo, and walked up to him.

Denki got to his dorm, thinking. What could Midoriya possibly mean by that?

This went on for a few more days, until Denki's feelings got the best of him.

He watched as Kirishima and Midoriya entered Kirishima's room together, and his heart raced. All his adrenaline got out.

He rushing in, letting some charges out.

Kirishima and Midoriya looked at him cluelessly, still putting party props together.
Denki looked down at all the stuff, and put everything together in his head. His heart stopped.
"I'm so fucking stupid." He sighed.
Kirishima got up and put his hand on Denki's shoulder.
Denki broke out and ran away.
Midoriya nodded that Kirishima should go after him, and so he did.
He didn't have to run far, Denki was just a few dorms down.
"Please tell me what's going on." Kirishima asked, desperately.
"I thought..." Denki couldn't finish his sentence.
They both finally made eye contact.
"I thought... You and Midoriya were... Doing things because I wasn't feeling it lately..." Denki said.
Kirishima sighed.
"Do you really think this relationship is about sex? Yeah, I like to do it, but I wouldn't cheat on you just because you want some space." Kirishima insured, sounding upset.
Denki didn't know what to say. Instead he gave Kirishima a kiss. One in a long while. And then hugged him, tight.
"I-I'm sorry... Kiri..." Denki cried.
Kirishima wrapped his hands around Denki.
"I won't leave you. I promise."

The night went well.
Everyone got into the party last minute, and gave Todoroki the surprise they wanted.
Another good night.
More days await.
But things aren't looking too good for anyone.

(Thank you everyone who could give me some ideas for chapters on the "Note" post. I only had it up for a few days. I decided to use @Chaoticfeline826 's misunderstanding idea, which I found interesting. I know the idea was probably meant to be more intense, especially with Bakugo, but let's rest. Later on, I will use the idea for adding a villain problem. It'll definitely be something different, but we all can't just be happy with fics. You'll see exactly what I mean. I'm actually very happy it sparked in my head just now, but you will all hate me for it :< It's something new in my writing for sure. Also if you gave me the villain idea, speak up! I forgot your username! Thanks for the support!)