Chapter 31: Shopping Incident

Start from the beginning

"Anthony. You promised you'll buy me food!" The pink haired the whined. The boy in the middle was Anthony...

Anthony kicked one of the bag. "That's a lot of nice stuff you have there."

Fear Rose in me as Anthony's friends grabbed the bag. "No!"

Anthony cocked his head. "What?"

"Y-you can't take that! I need it!" I exclaimed, trembling. If Ethan found out, he'll probably beat me up. I'll probably end up in the hospital. He'll kill me. It was his money! "Please!"

"Are you begging?" The brown haired girl sneered, a cold smile on her face. "So pathetic. You're probably one of those kids that steal stuff."

"Yeah, you stole that, didn't you?" The pink hair said, and I shook my head.

"No, I didn't!"

"Who said you can talk back to me?" She snarled, taking a step closer to me. Anthony moved out of her way as she stopped in front of me. I stared at what she was holding in her hands. It was a lit cigarette. "Didn't your parents teach you anything? Don't talk back."

I lowered my head. "I'm sorry."

She grabbed my arm tightly and lifted up my right sleeve. "This is what happens when you talk back." I felt an intense, burning feeling surging through my veins. I winced, biting my tongue so I wouldn't scream. It hurt so bad, and I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Clenching my jaw, I told myself to not cry. The girl lifted the cigarette from my forearm.

There were no scars on my right arm because I self harm on my left, but there was now a cigarette burn mark, burning like my fucking miserable life.

She threw the cigarette onto the ground and looked at me with a not-so friendly smile. "Got it?"

I nodded, wanting to go home. That obviously didn't happen. I felt a hard blow to my head, knocking me sideways. Then they started kicking me. I curled up, feeling my body go numb. It felt like forever.

"Hey, its already late. Let's take the stuff and go."

I wanted to yell no. I wanted to get up, get the bags and go back home. My body was too exhausted. Ethan will probably be waiting for me.

Oh shoot.

Ethan...

I got up, staggering at the dizziness. My vision went black as I stables myself. Walking, I felt like crying. And then I realized, I was already crying. I was scared to go home. I didn't want to get beat up. I already got beaten.

My heart started racing, faster and faster, until I felt like I was going to explode. I froze, forgetting how to breathe. My breaths shortened and I felt desperate to get a full breath of air. My hands turned sweaty and I started shaking. My vision blurred from tears and I felt an intense bolt of fear. My knees buckled and I felt dizzy and close to fainting.

Breathe. Slowly. Calm down.

I couldn't...

"Don't scare yourself. I know you don't feel good right now, but it'll pass. Think about your breathing. Calm yourself down." My mom soothed, as I had a panic attack in the middle of the hospital room.

Calm down. Breathe. It'll pass.

I swallowed hard, brushing my hair away from my face. I closed my eyes for a minute, waiting until I felt normal again. With deep breaths, I walked back home. That didn't stop me from crying though.

When I opened the door, Ethan stood up from the couch. "Finally you're home! What took you-" He froze, staring at me.

"I'm sorry," I choked out, another wave of fear rushing over me.

He stared at my face for a moment. Then his eyes moved from one place, to another. "What happened?"

"I l-lost the bags," I mumbled, my chest tightening. "I'm sorry."

He got up and walked up to me. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the couch. "Sit." I did as told and he sat across from me and wiped a tear away from my face. "Who did it?"

"I-I don't know."

"Are you okay?"

I bit my lip, a whimper coming out. He sounded like he cared. Like he was worried for me.

"I'm sorry," I repeated. "You gave me m-money and I was coming back h-home but then a group of people came a-and took it all." I sniffled.

"Calm down... its okay."

He gently lifted my right arm and stared at the cigarette burn. "Did they..."

I managed a small nod, the memory of it rushing back to me. I zoned out for a moment, and when I came back into reality, he put something on my burn and wrapped it. "Keep it there. Take it off tomorrow. Wash it after."

"You're bleeding," he told me. "Be careful from now on."

***

Hellooo~

It's Grace :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. What do you think about Ethan caring about Evanna? If you liked this chapter, don't forget to give it a vote! I love you all!

Vote
Comment
Share
:))))))