"Come on, Ella, keep up," Cain unsympathetically ordered her around. She lumbered onward but trailed behind the exceedingly fit, Cain Magia. He was in peak physical condition, he had to be, fighting in the flamboyant amphitheatre of N'Karath demanded it, if he was not fit, he would have died long ago. His days of being an entertainer were all but over.

Electra panted, sucking up all the oxygen she could inhale. She tutted as she jogged on to keep up. "I'm trying, but you are walking too fast, slow down would you?" she asked.

Cain showed he cared by decelerating. "I have to get to the docks before all the ferrymen leave, you know that." He sensed he still had time, but he also sensed tedious obstacles.

"You left it late," she remarked in a snide way.

"Don't you think I know that!" He snapped, "Jeez girl." He was now becoming unimpressed with her insolence. "Just come along would you."

"Why do you need my power?" she finally asked him. Cain was somewhat equivocal about why he wanted her this night. Electra would do just about anything for Cain, he knew it, but she desired to be kept in the loop.

"Nearly everything operates on electricity, Ella, you can manipulate electrical currents, that is a useful gift. Would you not say?" Cain stated. "I also trust you more than others. Believe me, there will be a place for you by my side when I rise to power."

Brimming with joy Electra replied, "Really!?" His positive statement seemingly gave her the will to continue without further complaint.

"I promise you," Cain reaffirmed his statement. When Cain Magia made a promise, he stuck to it. Even if it meant life or death.

"Are you sure you don't need any further assistance?" she asked him seductively.

She was persistent, Cain gave her that.

The last time that he'd had intercourse was nearly a year ago to the very day when he mingled with a lady three times his age called Miss Cruella Singrave. Cain was as far from a slut as one could be. "I'll be fine," he assured her. "I don't want you in trouble, what I'm going to do is dangerous."

"Dangerous?" she repeated wonderingly.

"I'll be fine," he echoed.

"What's in the briefcases anyway?" she asked him. "I have been curious ever since you left them with me."

"Patience, Ella. You will soon find out."

Finally, after taking an array of shortcuts through the unusually quiet town of Kork, the pair reached the harbour. As expected, there were many ships docked for the night. A fog had crept in from the North Sea making it hard to see. Though it looked deserted, there was a dim light toward the front of the harbour.

"Right," Cain said softly as the pair lurked in the shadows. "He appears to be our only hope this night." He hid one of the briefcases in a barge under a blue tarpaulin. Cain was sure it would be safe. Too few were about.

"Now what?" Electra queried.

"You wait here, with the briefcase." He held it up and she took it from his clutches. "When I give the signal, you come forward, got it?"

"Got it."

"Right then," Cain said as he walked out from the shadows following the light.

Electra stayed quiet as a dormouse and awaited his next instruction.

Cain could only hope that this sole sailor would help him out this chilly spring night.

Cain saw an old sea captain, he looked well into his sixties, he figured. He weighed a few extra pounds and had a full thick white bushy beard with whiskers. He also wore a navy-blue yachtsman cap. He walked with a limp dragging his foot along the wharf. The sea captain had a lazy eye which was virtually shut.