Chapter 14:paparazzi

CHAPTER 14: paparazzi

Paris is cold.

Actually fuck that.

Paris is fucking freezing.

The devil wind keeps blowing cold air down my jacket, up my top and pressing itself onto my skin. My goosebumps grow when Christian latched his fingers through mine and whispered "you ready" into my ear. With a confused mumble I let him pull me through the airport exit.

To my surprise we were met with a large swarm of paparazzi and news reporters all dazzling us with their flashes. Stopping, I shut my eyes from the instant pain radiating through my head. With a tug on my arm Christian pulled me into him and swept his spare hand down my cheek.

"Hey, hey, hey, you'll be fine, okay" he dipped his head to meet my eye level and concern flash over his face.

"Okay" i whimpered.

Instantly he wrapped his arm over my shoulders with the other shielding my eyes as I clutched tightly to his jacket. The cries of the paparazzi were loud and even though my eyes were covered the flashes still pained my forehead. Many of them asked business related questions, some shouted personal inquiries. Christian answered none.

After climbing into the black suv, I watch Christian run round to the drivers side and through himself behind the steering wheel. Without saying a word he flicks the ignition on and ploughs forward, not concerned about the crowd gathered in front of the car.

****

The car journey was silent but thankfully not long.

Pulling my suitcase into the hotel lobby, we climb into the elevator and select the pent house suit button. With a ping the elevator doors open again and one lone door awaits us. Christian scans the card and opens to reveal the most amazing hotel room I've ever seen.

He drops his stuff by the door and immediately walks into what I assume to be the kitchen.

"You hungry?" He calls through to me who, being a complete virgin to this expensive life, is still gaping at the apartment.

"Huh?" I close my mouth, "oh er yeah that would be good" I blink a few times and follow him into the kitchen. The clean cut counters and hanging lights entice me and I can't help but stroke and poke everything insight.

"Are pancakes okay" he asks with a slight chuckle. Glancing I see him amused by my antics and I remove my hand from the counter and sit at the breakfast bar.

"I've never been to a place like this" I clarify in hopes to make me seem more normal.

"Yeah I gathered" he turned away from me and started preparing the pancakes.

"I didn't realise you were as known as you apparently are" I state thinking back to when we left the airport.

"Yeah I could tell. Next time I will warn you in advance. I can get you a security guard if the start to hassle you, which is highly likely" he said with his back still facing me.

"No no. I don't want to be followed around by some stranger. It's fine, I'll be fine"

"How's your French?" He turns to face me, whisk pointed in my direction.

"Bien. Pourquoi" I respond, slightly stunned at the fast change in topic.

"Your course starts on Wednesday from 11 - 1. Be ready"