Chapter 9: new message

"And thats all that happened?" Kate stared at me with wide eyes. She had been going on about my night with Christian since I had got back.

"Kate for the 5th time; yes" I deadpan, swerving around her with the laundry basket on my hip approaching the mound of dirty washing that had collected over the week.

"Ok I'm sorry for asking" she put her hands up in surrender as she continued to follow me towards the kitchen, "so is he like your rebound?" She meant against the door frame.

"My what?" I asked as I pushed the clothes into the washing machine and pressing the start button on the front display.

"You know, a rebound. A small relationship to help you get over a previous one" her eyebrows furrowed and her arms crossed.

"Why would you think that?" Sitting on the counter I look at her with a quizzical expression knowing exactly what she was to say next.

"You just moved on very fast" she said but before the words had even left her mouth I was up and walking out the room with a "I know".

"Ka-"

Ping!
NNEW MESSAGE
Christian: lunch at Rosie's

"Was that him?" She peaked over the screen, "oo go go, you will be late" she ushered me out the house and slammed the door on my face with a quick "have fun".

————————-
I am SO sorry for not updating have had a crazy mind block on this chapter and have also been quite busy but hopefully the pace will quicken thanks to this chapter being complete.

What do u think Christian wants to talk about?

Amber xx