Chapter 4: take out

Chapter 4: take out

"What took you so long?" Kate had not moved from where i had left her an hour ago. Legs crossed, arms folded over chest, frown on her face- shes hungry.

"Sorry i bumped into someone" i shrug, wedging my foot against the other to pull off my trainer before doing the same to the other foot.

"Just someone? Who?" She asks as her curious eyes watch me pass her and wander into the kitchen to unload the multiple bags of shopping i have managed to juggle between two hands.

"You don't know them" i shrug dropping the plastic bags onto the counter. "Help me unload" i instruct her as i pile food into the fridge.

Mumbling something inaudible under her breath she trudges over to the counter, "it was christian wasn't it" she passes me a sidewards smirk before turning away and stacking things into cupboards.

"Ugh is it bad?" I groan into the fridge.

"What! You mean that you've only just broken up with a boyfriend of 3 years and that your already fucking another guy?" She pauses looking at me.

"You know that we haven't fucked Kate" i also pause "but yeah" i slam the fridge shut and lean on it, looking up at the bare ceiling.

"Anastasia, he cheated on you" she crumples up the plastic bag and shoves it into the bag holder attached to the wall. "I think its amazing you've moved on this fast" she smiles at me before making her way back over to the other bags.

"I am trying to but he is haunting me" i exhale and slowly crush the bag the way my ex crushed my trust and stab it into the holder. "Every time im with Christian i keep comparing him to Peter like; Peter wouldn't do that he would say this-"

"Stop right there. Peter was a dick to you, he cheated for almost a year and you only found out cause she turned up at your house in nothing but-"

"I remember, thanks Kate" i snap, pushing that memory from my mind. "Sorry i just-"

"No I'm sorry its me, i shouldn't have brought her up" she smiles sorrowfully at me placing the last bag into the tub and standing in front of me, "take out?".